Author Topic: Monitoring the D-Channel Status  (Read 9010 times)

Offline DTROIKE

• View Profile
Monitoring the D-Channel Status
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:54:51 AM »
How can I monitor the D-Channel of our PRI?

We have a Mitel 5000 HX 4.0 release 24 system.   We are then connected to an Adtran unit.   We are constantly losing our D-Channel.  I don't find out about the problem until the users notify me that we do not have phone service.   

When doing ISDN diagnostic I notice the D-Channel status is down every time.   I have reset the phone system with no problem and then unplug the Adtran to restart it and it the D-Channel is status is now up.

My service provider tells me it the Mitel and the company that services the Mitel tells me it is the Adtran.  I tend to believe it is the Adtran because it is always restored when I reset the Adtran.   

Two weeks ago we had the same problem and when they attempted to reset the Adtran remotely but  it locked up.  They asked me to unplug it and plug it back in but it still would not reboot.  They installed a spare and sent our unit out for repair.  We received it back last Thursday and it worked for two days and then again we lost outside phone service.   They reset the Adtran remotely and all is fine now.   They tell me they are ordering me a new Adtran.   The owners of our company are not happy with the phone service and since it was my suggestion to switch from Nortel to VoIP and the Mitel system I am getting a lot of heat of this.

I am not familiar with SNMP but our IT department does have What's Up Gold and feel it is possible to use this program and SNMP to monitor the D-Channel Status.  It is my responsibility to find out how.

This has been an ongoing problem for over four months.   In total we have lost about 14 hours of phone service.  I cannot even estimate the direct loss of business we have experienced.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:46:29 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Monitoring the D-Channel Status
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:00:19 PM »
  I posted a similar question a while back.  I hate to admit it, but that project fell down on the list and I never even looked on the CD/download for the Mitel software.

http://www.mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=108.0

-Chak

Offline DTROIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »
Thanks that is a big help. 

Offline DTROIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Am I understanding correctly that the 5000 HX does not support SNMP?   I looked in the manual and it states that the Lan interface does not support SNMP.   I also do not see any areas in the database that allow you to specify a ip address or group for SNMP.

Offline zach24la

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »
The HX5000 does not support SNMP, but the adtran does.  Go to the adtran website and download the MIB files for the Adtran Atlas unit.

Give them to the person responsible for monitoring the SNMP alerts.

You may need to turn off some alarms, but out of the box the alerting is rather usable.

You will see PRI alerting immediately.  Try creating a new entry in the user or network term, if there is nothing plugged in and you set the entry to PRI, it will immediately broadcast an alarm.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10