Author Topic: Ring Group Overflow  (Read 9516 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ring Group Overflow
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »
I have a ring group, 5075. Callers reach this group via a Messaging Server Auto-Attendant. If no one in 5075 answers the call in the first 12 seconds, it overflows to ring group 5091. 5091 includes all the members of 5075 plus some. If after ringing in 5091 an additional 10 seconds, I need it to go back into the Messaging System's mailbox 5091.

The call flows correctly, but when it expires in 5091 and overflows into the Messaging server, it goes into mailbox 5075, not 5091. I've done a trace, and it shows the called digits as 5075 for the 5091 overflow.

I tried putting a ACD path between the two ring groups to try and updated the called digits, but it didn't make a difference.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: Ring Group Overflow
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »
Depending on messaging server an easy solution might be to add 5075 to the extensions of 5091. I would have to test but I think if you overflow 5091 to a phantom extension it might work correctly.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
5075 is actually a mailbox. Its greetings are whats used by the server's auto-attendant.

I tried overflowing to a phantom hunt group, but that didn't change anything for me.

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
What if you overflow to a phantom extension such as analog or a multicall on a phone to test? Just throwing ideas out there I will have to test it to tell you exactly when I get some time.

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:32:04 AM »
If using Nupoint just set as an alternate extension?

Unfortunately never used Messaging Server if thats what your using?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:33:49 AM by stevek »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
  I think one of 2 ways will work.  Bounce the call through a named tag hunt group  - or a phantom ACD path....

Just something that will re-write the called number.

-Chak

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:50:35 AM »
If using Nupoint just set as an alternate extension?

Unfortunately never used Messaging Server if thats what your using?

It is a Messaging Server, not a NuPoint. I can set additional extensions, but I don't want to. I need to have the called # ID over-written because the mailbox its going to is an Auto-Attendant menu, and not the simply "we're closed please call our 24/7 800#" message that I need it to. They actually go through the Auto-Attendant to get to the ring group to start with.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »
  I think one of 2 ways will work.  Bounce the call through a named tag hunt group  - or a phantom ACD path....

Just something that will re-write the called number.

-Chak

I've tried both of those without success. On Monday I'll open with support with Mitel and ESNA and see where I get.

Offline anthonyeden

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 03:09:52 AM »
Hello,

Sorry for reviving an old thread, I have this exact issue and was wondering if anyone has some advice?

Our call groups will appropriately go to the 'failover' VoiceMail box when I call the hunt groups directly, but when it originates from the Auto Attendant it just keeps going back to the AA as the last alternative.

I've tried setting NameTag hunt groups and voice hunt groups called '*100' (to make it go to our generic mailbox 100). I've also setup a 'fake' ACD with a 1 second interflow to directory number '*100' and sent the calls via there. None of this helps - I just keep getting the same AA.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony.

Offline anthonyeden

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 03:57:54 AM »
Just thought I would post a solution to my problem:

It turns out you can't use multiple NameTag hunt groups (NTHG) in the call path. Only the first one will work.

In my setup I was using one NTHG to get the calls into the embedded Auto Attendant, and then another to get calls into the embedded voicemail. In the working setup, I still kept using the 2nd NTHG to get the calls into the AA but replaced the first one with a speed dial (which maps a DID to the AA number). This seemed to have the same effect in this situation.

I hope this information helps someone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10