Author Topic: External Call Forwarding  (Read 16101 times)

Offline Twinsen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
External Call Forwarding
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:58:28 AM »
Hey Guys.

I've always in the past dealt with the AYAVA PBX's.... it weighed about 250KG and it was a hulk....but very realiable....

I'm not at a new company and we just purchased a brand new C3300 and I am having an issue activating call forwarding between sites.... we actually have 2 sites and 2 Mitel C3300 controllers.

I know my basic way around the Mitel System and can preform basic tasks however what we want to do is forward calls out of hours from one office to another via external number.

I created a System speed call with the number and none of the Line Type's on the device seem to corrospond with forward calls..... there is a bunch of Call Forwarding ones, but none of them allow to be set when there is a Line Directory Number.

Is anyone able to explain in baby steps exactly what I need to put where to make this happen.

We have the night buttons programmed, but currently they go straight to messagebank.

Thanks very much guys

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: External Call Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »
Is there a reason that this needs to be external? Is there network between the two sites? IP trunks would be a better way to do this. Otherwise treat it as a normal call if you want to handle it as them calling 4 digit and translating to it to say LD you could add digits thru ARS.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
Be sure the COS of the VM ports allow Public Access via DPNSS.
If you're using speed dials, be sure to over ride toll control.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:14:37 PM by ralph »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
Can you call the phone internally?
What is it's exten number and what are the last 4 digits of the did?

Also, go to maintenance commands and enter : "loc fe ex <extn number>" and let us know the results.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:14:49 PM by ralph »

Offline Twinsen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
Thanks guys for your help, appreciate it.

I got call forward working with system speed calls, this works fine for peoples phones, but the main receptionist phone it continues to ring on the phone even with call forwarding active, I'm guessing because our main number ends in 300 and the receptionist phone is 310, so call forwarding activated on the receptionist phone is only for 310.

We have other phones with our incomming lines on them, Line 1, Line 2 & Line 3 and they still continue to call with the call forward feature on.

Maybe the best bet is to somehow modify the Night mode (Not sure how) and instead of going to message bank, activate a call forward on all incomming lines to the other number...

I'll Answer you guys individually now and thanks again for taking the time to read my post, reply and help out.

Re: Brantn
There is no network between the two sites yet, this is a new office setup, we were going to go with the mitel license which allows the both systems to be on the one network but at this point in time it wasn't going to benifit us the outlay costs.

The reason for it being external is because we have 2 offices, one closes at 5:00PM, the other runs a call center and operates until 8:00PM, the idea is, that for those 3 hours of operation at the call center any incomming calls should be divereted to that so that a person may answer and help, rather than go to message bank.

Re: ralph
The System speed call is set to override Toll, the call forwarding on the phone is working fine... it's just not working on the receptionist phone aka main answering point.

Re: nmackin
Man, thats a tuff one, but I remember when the mitel guy set our systems up he asked, do you want calls to go direct to the phone extension from outside or just go through to reception or voice mail.

Thanks again guys, what should I look at next?

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:13 PM »
nmackin: Your issue is probably that you are not stripping enough digits or getting the incorrect digits from the CO ie they send 1234 then your extension needs to match or you can change it with a speedcall to 4321. There are also other ways to change the inbound digits.

Twinsen: I would look at call rerouting always during night mode not sure if this can be set on an LDN though I would have to do some looking.

Offline Twinsen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »
Thanks for your reply Brantn,

I have full access to the mitel config system if needed aswell, I just find it really hard to logically pin-point exactly what I need to do and where...

Would you know where in the back end I could make this possible?

Offline Twinsen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 01:03:14 AM »
Sorry guys, I couldn't find the edit button.

I guess, a better way to phrase my issue is that Call forwarding is working fine to external numbers on all phones, however I need to set this up for the Main Line, not on the phones...

I pinpoint that this setting has to be changed in the Night Mode, I should be able instead of go to VM, it forwards to an external number.

I've gone through menu's in the Mitel Communications Director but am completely lost as to where I can edit it, Nite mode is turned on via keys such as #1#1 and day mode such as #1#0.... I can't see any settings for "#1#1" where it lists what it does so I may change it to call forward instead of go to VM...

Maybe I need to setup a new "#1#1" such as "#1#3" and have this called Night Fwd which forwards instead of goes to VM.

Hopefully that makes sense and if anyone knows what I am talking about, may you please let me know how to set this up... my heads being done in from over thinking lol.

Thanks guys

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
There is no exact "Night Mode" edit page, its done through Call Re-Routing Assignment.

The Hunt group pilot number (who's members are the line 1, line 2, line 3, etc on the receptionist phone) is who's all "re-routing always" for Nights 1 that you would change. It sounds like this hunt group maybe 300. When you look at the call re-routing assignment form, and specifically the Nights 1 column, you'll see an index number. This references the "Call Re-Routing Always" form and will show you the actual number for the reference. More than likely its a speed dial right now to the external number. If it doesn't already exist, you'll need to modify a reference number in Call Re-Routing Always, to point to the pilot number of your voicemail. Then go back into Call Re-Routing Assignment and change 300 to use that reference number in Nights1.

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
bluewhite is correct that is what I was speaking of.

Offline Twinsen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
For anyone else stuck on this issue, here is the steps which the phone tech gave me to enable call forwarding from the receptionist phone:
Obviously the numbers will change based on your config.

The system as a whole makes much more sense after seing how he has used the "numbers" and how they "fit" together.

Cheers guys

Go to

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10