Author Topic: Guided Voicemail  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Guided Voicemail
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:47:03 AM »
Does anyone know of a solution for Guided Voicemail? I have a customer that is requesting this solution and I have no idea where to go with it. Basically if an agent doesn't speak to their target and the get their VM instead, they would then press a button and leave a canned message in that person's mailbox. I have found companies that do this, but they are my customer's competitors so that doesn't help me. I need to know what solution will do this.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Guided Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:19:41 AM »
I think I understand what you mean.
An agent makes and outbound call,  if they get VM they want to transfer the call to something that plays a message that says something like:
"We're sorry we're interrupting your family dinner, but we would like to sell you the best bla bla bla in the universe."
  (sorry. couldn't resist the sarcasm ::))

I'm pretty sure you can do this with VM.  I'm thinking Nupoint where the message can play and then disconnect.    You could also do same thing with a phantom ACD group and a RAD hunt group - which may be easier.   You'd just set your disconnect time to be a little longer than your message length.

Here's how I'd do it.    Set up a RAD hunt group so you have multiple ports playing the same message.
Create a phantom ACD group with the rad hg in it.   Set your disconnect timer to dump the call after XX seconds.
Next create a phantom phone.   Reroute it to the ACD group.   Put a dss button of the phantom phone on the agents phones.   

Now, after the agent gets a VM greeting, he/she pushes the dss button and releases the call.

The issue is going to be the ring back.   The agent will have to wait for the rad greeting to start and then release the call or else the vm will record ringing before the message plays.   

Ralph

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:15:57 AM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Guided Voicemail
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »
I had thought of something similar to that but I am not sure that the agents could handle it. They have a hard enough time dialing the number correctly. I don't think that I want to go through the headache of a 1000 calls on "it doesn't work" because someone cannot follow directions.

Thanks for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10