Author Topic: Call Forwarding  (Read 4905 times)

friguy

Call Forwarding
« on: September 28, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »
I hope someone here can help me figure out how to accomplish a project I am working on. I have a 3300LX and 5224 phones.

Here's what the end result needs to be:

Two existing 5224 phones have DIDs (1111 and 1112 for example) and voice mail. An incoming externally generated call to DID 1113 needs to ring both 1111 and 1112. If they are busy it needs to go to 1113's voicemail. After hours it needs to forward to an off-site answering service.

Here's what I have done:

In Multiline Set Key Assignment, I changed button 2 and gave it Directory number 1113 on both phones (1111 and 1112). So now when an external call to DID 1113 comes in it rings both phones. When both are busy it goes to voicemail. Is this the best way to handle this?

I am having trouble with the call forwarding after hours. My understanding is that I need to manually forward the calls from both phones everyday. However, I am not able to forward to any number that is not a company DID. Every time I try to forward to a number other than a DID, I get a message saying NOT ALLOWED on my phone. I also tried creating a speed dial to the external number and then forward to the speed dial but that didn't work either.

After looking through the help file it looks like I have a Interconnect Restriction, it says I need to do the following:

Assign an Interconnect Number to each station/circuit in that station

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Call Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
Multicall line appearances are a common way of having both of them ring win 1113 is dialed.  Another way would be to use the new feature - Ringing Groups. 

The trouble you are having forwarding may very well be a COS option.  Make sure Allow Trunk to Trunk and the Public Network via DPNSS are both turned on and give it a try.

I hope someone here can help me figure out how to accomplish a project I am working on. I have a 3300LX and 5224 phones.

Here's what the end result needs to be:

Two existing 5224 phones have DIDs (1111 and 1112 for example) and voice mail. An incoming externally generated call to DID 1113 needs to ring both 1111 and 1112. If they are busy it needs to go to 1113's voicemail. After hours it needs to forward to an off-site answering service.

Here's what I have done:

In Multiline Set Key Assignment, I changed button 2 and gave it Directory number 1113 on both phones (1111 and 1112). So now when an external call to DID 1113 comes in it rings both phones. When both are busy it goes to voicemail. Is this the best way to handle this?

I am having trouble with the call forwarding after hours. My understanding is that I need to manually forward the calls from both phones everyday. However, I am not able to forward to any number that is not a company DID. Every time I try to forward to a number other than a DID, I get a message saying NOT ALLOWED on my phone. I also tried creating a speed dial to the external number and then forward to the speed dial but that didn't work either.

After looking through the help file it looks like I have a Interconnect Restriction, it says I need to do the following:

Assign an Interconnect Number to each station/circuit in that station

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:14:19 AM »
The multicalls is ok.

With reference to the forwarding out of hours if you use the day and night1 service function on the system, you can program a call forward always to the OOH destination in night1 on 1113. So when you put the system into night1, calls will divert.

Hope this helps.

friguy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »
Thanks for your responses. Ringing groups was the answer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10