Author Topic: multicall lines  (Read 8440 times)

Offline hm84

• View Profile
multicall lines
« on: March 24, 2011, 02:28:37 AM »
I need help assigning multicall on reception. Currently we got a reception console 5324 and we get a huge number of calls. Recently clients have been complaining that they have been waiting for ages to get through.

How can i display the call queue to the reception? I have two multicall lines called main 1 and main 2 however when a call comes in both lines flash!
Secondly when the reception picks up the first call and another call comes through there is nothing that informs reception about it except for the fact that Main 2 is lighting up. Could we get a tone on the handset to beep continuously or the phone to ring continuously.

Finally because mitel is a queue system whereas most of us are experienced with the LINE system, is it possible to make the mitel system like a line system so we know how many lines are queing up?

Thanks Experts

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: multicall lines
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »
No problem.   We do it all the time.
1st you have to change the multicall key to a key line appearance.
You do this by deleting all appearances except the 1st one.   That will make it a "single line" appearance.
Next, the key you had to program the second key on, program a NEW number on it. 
What we usually do is if the 1st line is 1000 we'd make line 2 to be 21000.   Then line three would be 31000, 4 is 41000, etc.
Next, put these new number in a new hunt group.  Number doesn't matter.  Make it "terminal" hunt.
Next, go to your call rerouting first alt form and find a blank line (not #1) and make it this, this, this, this, last, last, last, last and point to the new hunt group.
Now go to call rerouting assignment form and assign this new 1st alt to the original number.   If you want it to go to vm on an RNA I'll assume you can put a "2" in the 2nd alt field.

After this is done, what should happen is a call will ring to the first line.  If it's busy it will go to line 2 and then line 3 etc.

Ralph

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:34:25 AM by ralph »

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »
i make all of my multiline keys ring. this way if you are on the phone it will do a 1/2 ring alerting you

Tom

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »
I think what you may be looking for is "Ring Cont."     
I think otherwise it just give you a "Blip".

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:34:38 AM by ralph »

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:34:05 PM »
the "blip" is what I call the 1/2 ring.

Tom

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:50:44 AM »
ccboe,
You right.   Sorry.  Didn't read closely enough.

Ralph

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »
And yes Ring Cont will ring until answered. Use ACD Express and a Queue alert button is another approach that way they get to at least listen to fun music and you can route them to other locations. I try to advise against keying a pbx even though we do it every day. Let the power of the PBX work for you.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
  I agree - if you really get a large volume of calls - ACD is the way to go.  Spread the load and make sure everyone gets taken care of....

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10