Author Topic: Config a 5220 to connect across WAN  (Read 2950 times)

Offline sms

• View Profile
Config a 5220 to connect across WAN
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
Hello -

Need some help here.  I have a 5220 at a remote location, BUT on our MPLS network(there is a 3300 in this office).  I need to connect it directly to another 3300 in a different location for ACD reasons.  I guess simply, how would you go about doing this?  Teleworker is an option, but from within the WAN it doesn't seem to like it.  Can I give it the internal IP address for the Teleworker? 

I tried manually configuring the phone's IP, Gateway, Subnet, ICP, TFTP, ICA, etc. to point to the remote controller but was unsuccessful.  I've never done this before so maybe I didn't do it right.  ICP, TFTP and ICA addresses should all be the 3300's IP, correct?  I set all the L2 settings to 6 and all the DSCP settings to 46, VLAN 8.  Anything I'm missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

-Scott

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Config a 5220 to connect across WAN
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 12:15:31 PM »
Scott,
From our posting, I'm assuming that vlan 8 is the phone vlan on your native lan, correct? Are devices on vlan 8 routed to be able to talk to the 3300 across your MPLS?

If it was my site, I would reset the phone to default config, and then set up the remote 3300's IP address as the Teleworker address on the local phone. (Done by holding setup while the phone boots.) That way you'll have the jitter buffer and other teleworker mode options.

Offline sms

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »
This may be where the hangup is.  The remote controller is on VLAN8.  The location where the the phone is has no VLAN. 

But I like your suggestion.  I was unaware that you could treat a 3300 as a teleworker without the actual teleworker box.  So, reset phone to default?  Hold down # and go to Modify Network Settings, Defaults?  Then the Telewoker setup, I usually hold down 7?

Thanks for the help!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:33:46 PM »
I was unaware that you could treat a 3300 as a teleworker without the actual teleworker box.  So, reset phone to default?  Hold down # and go to Modify Network Settings, Defaults?  Then the Telewoker setup, I usually hold down 7?

Yes and yes.

Offline sms

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:03:42 PM »
Worked like a champ!  Much thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10