Author Topic: Is alpha tagging really this broken?  (Read 4033 times)

Offline BenM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Is alpha tagging really this broken?
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:39:35 AM »
Hi,

It appears that to alpha tag an incoming number from, say, Ben's mobile (say 1111222333), we need to add a tel. dir. entry in the form 9~11111222333. This appears to be true even for numbers which already have a system speed dial & Tel. Dir. entry.

Managing the alpha tagging now becomes a major overhead which is not a big plus for the MXes and a source of considerable ear stress from the users. What makes this 'feature' additionally painful is the fact that the three systems that the MXe devices replaced could all alpha tag straight out of the box - if a number was known to the system either as a Personal or a System speed dial it would be alpha tagged.

Am I missing something obvious or do we have to resign ourselves to an additional overhead activity for managing the alphatag tel. dir. entries?

B.

Offline Know_Hope

• View Profile
Re: Is alpha tagging really this broken?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
It appears so  :(

This is the only way I have managed to implement alpha tagging. It is the biggest pain. I am currently maintaining an MXe intergrated with an Ericsson PBX using an E1 connection, so alpha tagging between the systems is crutial. Good luck

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10