Author Topic: Record-A-Call drops the call volume for a couple of seconds  (Read 2005 times)

Offline chriselectrix

• View Profile
Record-A-Call drops the call volume for a couple of seconds
« on: February 24, 2011, 03:28:31 AM »
Hi all

We have Record-A-Call set up to automatically record all of our ACD agent calls (there are only usually 6 logged on at any one time).

As far as I can see from the Mitel help, this is perfectly fine to use it in this way.

However, at the beginning of every call, the volume drops for 1-2 seconds and then comes back on.

For the rest of the call it will remain dropped for 1-2 seconds.

We have been told by our reseller that this is how it is, but I find it hard to believe.

Even if the record-a-call was used to record the occasional call, surely a 1-2 second dip in the volume is not acceptable?

Has anyone out there encountered the same problem?

Would anyone be willing to try this to see if they get the same problem?

If we are forced down the call recording option that sits across all ISDN channels, can anyone recommend a solution?

We only handle 100-150 calls per day and only really want to record the ACD agents (which is why Record-A-Call) seemed the perfect solution.

We have 12 ACD agents but only 6 are generally logged in at any one time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CHRIS

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Record-A-Call drops the call volume for a couple of seconds
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »
Does the volume cut out for 1-2 seconds and then return to service?
Mine does that.   Here's what I think is going on:

When call recording is activated, it actually sets up a conf call with a VM port. 
During a normal conf call, you'd hear a conference tone at this time that would last 1-2 seconds.
When using call recording, the conference tone is eliminated so you are left with silence.
Nothing you can do about that.  Your vendor would be correct.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:23:18 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10