Author Topic: Resilient ACD paths  (Read 4880 times)

Offline MitelUK2010

• View Profile
Resilient ACD paths
« on: February 20, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
Can someone recommend the best method for programming resilient ACD. I have converted from traditional to Hot desk ACD and made the hot deskers resilient. I am now looking at the best method for making the paths resilient.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Resilient ACD paths
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:44:09 PM »
There is no actual resilliency for Paths (you cant make a path with the same DN exist across two controllers). Normal setup would be for agents & agent groups to be resillient and path programming to be replicated to a second controller with the same AG etc but a different DN. The actual setup of this depends on how your resillient network is configured (for example: do you have a trunking gateway?). Can you expand of site setup?

Offline MitelUK2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:15:19 PM »
Appreciate your response, that was how i imagined i would have to set up, just need some confirmation. Thanks for your help. One quick question, using a 6110 for stats etc would i need another PBX connection licence, looking at the PF licence.txt file i have (CCM EE PBX Connections = 1).

Thanks again.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »
Yes I think you would (again though it depends on your site setup as if you have a trunking gateway where ACD paths are programmed with IPT to agent controllers then the CCM will only ever connect to the gateway).  TBH when I have set them up we don't bother with CCM reporting on secondary controller as its expensive for that 2nd PBX connection when you factor in the time it is likley to be used for.

Offline MitelUK2010

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 06:00:51 PM »
When the system was set up the agents are on one controller and the paths on another - reason? I am not aware, i think at the time it was due to RAD's etc and embedded VM. With (CCM EE PBX Connections = 1) i think i am limited to real time stats only on 1 or the other, so either the paths or the agents. I reckon i need to have another PBX connection applied to the licence file, what do you think?

Cheers

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »
So at the moment can you run reports on agents / view real time stats on agents?

Offline MitelUK2010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »
Not fully configured as yet, but was curious to whether i needed the aditional connection licence prior to configuring

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »
TBH I am not 100% sure. I would try it out reporting off the path controller. It wouldn't suprise me if you got full reporting from this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10