Author Topic: Transfer goes to Dial Tone  (Read 2621 times)

Offline msmith2156

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Transfer goes to Dial Tone
« on: November 13, 2008, 07:47:18 AM »
I have a remote clinic with a 3300 and all IP phones.  We have been having a lot of strange things happening there.  Now it seems that when a call is transfered they get disconnected.  Receptionist answers call and presses  Trans/Conf, dials extention, hears first ring, either presses T/C, release key, or hangs up, and the call is disconnected.

I am sure something is set wrong somewhere, but WHAT?

Thanks
MS

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer goes to Dial Tone
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:42:32 AM »
Where are the callers being transferred from and where are they being transferred to?
Are these calls coming across an IP network and then being xferred to a phone, back across the IP network or to another phone on the same system?
I would thinks that odds are pretty good that somewhere along the line a COS doesn't allow Public Network to Public Network connections or an interconnect restriction is blocking something.

Ralph

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:29:05 AM by ralph »

Offline msmith2156

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer goes to Dial Tone
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
Doesn't seem to matter where they come from.  It can be a local call coming down ATT lines or it can be an inside call coming down our T1.  this is the same clinic where I have what appears to be collisions, but they are happening from an interal call connecting to an external call.

Here is what happened to me the other day;  I dialed 4001 (Receptionist) and was connected with a lady calling into the clinic on an ATT Plexar Number.  No ring tones were heard by either of us, but suddely we could both hear background noise and knew we were connected to something.

Since my call was being made internally and hers was external I can't see how it could be an ATT issue.  By the way ATT has checked the connections a claims all is well with their circuits.

totally baffeld at this point.

Mike

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10