Author Topic: Transfer to Busy Extension  (Read 2112 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Transfer to Busy Extension
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »
Users at one site of a multi-site customer began complaining yesterday, that when transfering callers to a busy extension the call immediately recalls instead of going into the person's voicemail. Each phone at this site is setup with only one instance of their Prime. Call Re-routing 1st alternative is set to go to voicemail if busy for all types. If I call in through their PRI, and the person is on the phone, I do go directly into their voicemail box.

Any ideas? I've also check the enabled features, and haven't found anything turned on.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer to Busy Extension
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »
Check to be sure that internal calls are also forwarded to VM.

I think whats happening is this:
A call is answered by someone and then transfers to ext XXXX.
Since XXXX is busy, the call give the transferring extension a busy tone.   The transferring extension releases the call and the transferred call is camped on to the busy extension.
The campon timer then kicks in (or if disabled, I think it may recall immediately.) 
Then when the campon timer expires the call is recalled back to the original extension.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:27:00 PM by ralph »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer to Busy Extension
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
Actually found the issue.

Another tech had changed the COS of the ip trunking to the system with the NuPoint. He had turned on "Public Trunk" on for the IP trunking COS. Then because "Public to Public" wasn't on for the users, they couldn't bridge the two together. Once we turned it back off on the IP trunking, it started working again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10