Author Topic: Forum/5000 Noob :)  (Read 2875 times)

Offline MD

• View Profile
Forum/5000 Noob :)
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
Hi

First time to forum and first time getting my hands on the 5000 since I completed the training course 6 months ago.

Have had a couple of issues with programming the system but my main confusion at the moment is setting up the system to dial 9 for an outgoing call. In my training I received a dial 9 template, however the feature code for outgoing call is currently 888 and when I try to change it to 9 I receive an error informing me that this conflicts with 999 (emergency call) How do I get around this as dialling 9 is the only obvious number in the uk to get an outside line if one is required?? (Not so in the IP Office, which I'm used to working with)

Thanks

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
Re: Forum/5000 Noob :)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »
Change the Emergency Code to another value.

Please keep in mind that 9 is a leading digit for a LOT of other features in the 5000.  This has been the case with this product AAAALLLLLLLLL the way back to the late 90's when this product was released as the Axxess.  It is possible to change all the feature codes that begin with 9 to begin with something else, like 8.  But you will have to do this EVERY TIME you create a new database or turn on a defaulted system.  Is it REALLY that difficult to train a client to use an "Outgoing" button, or to press a Call Key, or to dial 8 (the default Outgoing code), rather than 9?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10