Author Topic: UCA contact presence  (Read 4147 times)

Offline rleuth

• View Profile
UCA contact presence
« on: January 19, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
We have installed UCA on a server and synced with HX.  The communicator is up and running fine except I cannot see the presence of other people in my corporate directory and cannot chat with them.
I have the chat feature enabled for the users and still nothing. 
OK I believe after looking further that the issue is seeing the presence. Once I see presence, I believe that chat will work.  Also, do I have to have microsoft office communicator or window live in order for chat to work?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: UCA contact presence
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 08:04:27 AM »
I'm not sure on this one but try this:

Put a key appearance of one of the phones that does not have presence on any other phone and then see if the presence starts to work for that extension.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:02:17 PM by ralph »

Offline mav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »
Dont need MOC for this to work. Can you see the telephony staus of other ext's (phone should go red when ooff hook). I think chat may only be an option if the destination ext is busy. You will only see another persons presence (not the status of their phone) when they log into their UCA client

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:24:21 AM »
You may also need to enable presence on the person that you are wanting to chat to. Depending on which version of UCA you are running as to if global presence is enabled by default, or if it is optional.
Once you have enabled presence for the person then you can chat with them. You can do this by right clicking on their name in the client, and selecting Show presence always.

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 01:36:58 PM »
There are some pretty heavy presence enhancements coming to UCA according to some information given out in Florida at the Mitel Business Partner Conference a couple weeks ago. 
Apparently it's one of the top UCA issues - because it eats huge amounts of memory locally and causes a lot of extra unneeded bandwidth with all the MiTAI monitors being set and reported everywhere.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10