Author Topic: Licensing  (Read 4732 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Licensing
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »
This is a question for the VARs:

Have any of you had issues with trying to reassign licensing between products since the "new" licensing model came out? I have a customer that had a 3300 running MCD 4.0 and as part of the upgrade they wanted to add a secondary controller and Media Gateway to split the load and offer some failover abilities. Well, now that I am trying to move people to the second controller I am finding that I cannot move ACD licenses from the 1st controller because they were at one point on a pre-MCD 4.1 controller. I thought that once you upgraded the licensing would be converted as it shows on the 3300 itself. Wrong, according to AMC the licenses are there forever and cannot be transferred. The end-user can purchase new MCD Active Agent licenses if they want. Well, at 140 or so of them that adds up in a hurry and they would have extras on the original controller. Am I approaching this the wrong way or something? Have any of you had a similar experience? If so, what did you do?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »
The licensing is a mess when it comes to upgrades.
Ask 5 people at Mitel and you'll get 7 different answers.

From experience, if you upgrade a stand alone controller then add a second controller, the license changes.  Now you need to buy Enterprise Licenses.
Now you also run into problems  with that the base software no longer has a limit as to how many licenses you can add, but... if you upgrade a controller, then move the licenses, those licenses are still limited.

I still haven't gotten my head around it all and it looks like Mitel hasn't either.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:11:00 PM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:19:46 AM »
As their entire customer base upgrades to MCD 4.1+ it is going to become a huge problem in my opinion.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
Sounds like Ralph has had many of the same problems we've had. Only, we haven't had any trouble, once a system is at 4.1, going past the old max user license. It won't let you go past the old max device license, but since you don't need devices licenses anymore, that hasn't been a problem for us.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10