Author Topic: Converting a Single Existing Traditional ACD Agent into a Hot Desk ACD agent  (Read 7346 times)

Offline edmicra

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi All

Anyone been able to do this ? When folling the instructions below I get " extension number already in use" or something to that effect.

The instructions below are from MCD 4.1 Resiliency guidelines

And the user was not logged in when attempting the change.

When you convert an agent, you must enter the ACD agent ID of an existing agent in the
Number field in the User Configuration Assignment form.
1. Ensure that the agent is logged out. You cannot convert an agent that is logged into the
system.
2. Log into the System Administration Tool of the primary controller.
3. Access the User Configuration form. Click Add.
4. Either leave the Name fields blank or complete the Name fields for the agent:
- If you leave the Name fields blank, the system does NOT create a new entry in
Telephone Directory Assignment, a new user profile, or a new voice mailbox for the
agent.
- If you complete the Name fields, the system creates a new entry in the Telephone
Directory Assignment form, a new user profile, and a new voice mailbox for the agent.
5. Enter the Agent ID of the existing traditional ACD agent in the Number field.
6. Leave the Device Type set to No Device.
7. Set the User Type field to ACD Agent.
8. Configure the hot desk ACD agent

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Are you adding/changing this at 4.1? If so what is not mentioned in the describtion is that when you choose ADD select Hotdesk User. then follow the rest.

Offline edmicra

• Contributer
    • View Profile

OK heres the deal

Did an upgrade from 7.0 to MCD 4.1 via MCD 4.0 enabled RDN sync and removed OPS manager. Enabled SDS sharing all as per documentation.

The system was already clustered and enabled for ACD resiliency however I never got the opportunity to test the ACD resiliency before the upgrades .

Low and behold the HDD failed on the primary controller and all sets homed to secondary and resiliency worked with exception of the ACD group.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick. May not need to convert agents to hotdesk ACD users as I now wonder if  they already are hotdesk ACD enabled as they must have been when on 7.0 and OPS manager

There is no PSTN gateway we just got telco to redirect PSTN to the secondary controller. All DID

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You have to build the ACD path in both controllers it doesn't get built automatically via SDS

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
There is nothing special when going to MCD4.1 regarding ACD. Are the ACD agent login number within the User and Device listing? If so then they shoulkd be Hot Desk phones and setup as ACD agents. Furthermore the phones they login to do not have to be ACD phones they can now login to any Hot Desk enabled phone.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
I find the easiest way to chick if ACD hot desk is if the feature keys change on log in/out if so then this is ACD hotdesk

Offline edmicra

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks for the advice guys

I think now that I need to check that the ACD path is programmed on the secondary controller.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10