Author Topic: random static on users Mitel handsets during a call.  (Read 5363 times)

Offline Mitelmindset

• Contributer
    • View Profile
random static on users Mitel handsets during a call.
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
My sales team is experiencing randon static / jabber / echo / no voice on random outbound PRI calls. On the host 3300 ICP v4.0 I see no errors and the PRIs are testing clean (as per telcos). I am monitoring with Mitel IP Phone analyzer and would appreciate any thoughts / suggestions?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: random static on users Mitel handsets during a call.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:47:09 PM »
We run into this everyone in a while.
You're PRI will show clean because that isn't where the problem is.
Is your PRI on the same controller as the phones?
If yes, you're going to have to have the carrier look deeper in to the problem (good luch with this).
I've see it where there is a problem in their network but the PRI to your location is good.   
So when they test the PRI they only test the local loop.
You're going to have to try and find a way to duplicate it in some fashion so the carrier can do a trace.

However....
Next time someone get's no audio, put the call on hold and take it back off again to see if that resolves.  If it does, then it's your PBX.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:18:22 PM by ralph »

Offline Mitelmindset

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »

Is your PRI on the same controller as the phones?
yes it is. I will also mention we did not create 2 VLANs, one data and one voice...and not QOS on the closet switches. I am planning this out as Mitel has this listed as one of the top 5 things that should be done on an install.

If yes, you're going to have to have the carrier look deeper in to the problem (good luch with this).
I've see it where there is a problem in their network but the PRI to your location is good.   

So when they test the PRI they only test the local loop.
You're going to have to try and find a way to duplicate it in some fashion so the carrier can do a trace.
I have a ticket issued with them they have done non-destructive testing on each trunk with a CLEAN response (go figure). I heard perhaps a busy out on each trunk one by one testing would offer some helpful info.

However....
Next time someone get's no audio, put the call on hold and take it back off again to see if that resolves.  If it does, then it's your PBX.

I will test this....excellent suggestion.

My interconnect also said to put the Mitel IP Phone analyzer on it and watch for excessive packet loss. I have that running and I noticed larger drops on each call.

Appreciated Ralplh.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »
You should be able to look at the call quality logs.
I like to export them and then import them into Excel.   That way I can read them a little easier.
If you're seeing packet loss, then look carefully at your network.
1 or 2 packets dropped will not cause what you describe but a lot will.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:18:35 PM by ralph »

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
A test to consider is trying to dial out via one of the analoge ports on the back. If you make a couple of calls from there and it has distortion also, then there is an external problem or an internal HW fault. No problem there then look at your network.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10