Author Topic: Mitel Door Entry System  (Read 5884 times)

Offline dexs345

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel Door Entry System
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »
hello,

On the mitel 3300 i have a door entry system connected to a analog trunk port. apparently it wont work on an analog ext port!

i want to bhe able to sent dtmf tones using a button on the consol. this is fine but i will need to turn on tones and turn it off again. can this be done using a feature code?

on the main reception soft phone unit (think its called a console) there is a button called tone and when she presses tone followed by the release code.... 33 i think it is the door reseases.

However in the evening the door phone rings another phone (ip 5400 hansets) and need to program a button on the phone which turns on tone and enters the release code.

does anyone know what the feature code is?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:00:17 AM by ralph »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Door entry system
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Your console sounds like its a 5550 IP Console. The reason they have to turn tones on, is the 5550 is a "hot dial" keypad. Meaning that if you dial any digits normally, it will attempt to transfer a caller to those digits. My turning tones on, it sends the DTMF over the conversation.

Normal Mitel phones don't need to have a tones on or off feature as their keypads aren't hot dial. Only consoles have the hot dial feature.

Offline dexs345

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Door entry system
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »
Thanks for that,

The door entry system is working fine. its connected to a line port and when the door entry picks up the reception rings without a problem. she does have a 5550 console and can trip the mag lock after pressing the access code.

Thanks again

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10