Author Topic: Recent Spam Attack - and status  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Recent Spam Attack - and status
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:15:20 AM »
Sorry all - we got pummeled and I wasn't watching close enough to block it sooner.  I think things are under control at this time.

FYI - it was some kind of distributed attack - came from 100's of IP addresses.  All under one user name this time, but clearly I'm nervous as had it came from 100's of users a well I don't know how I would have cleaned it up.

Anyway, over the next couple of weeks I plan on upgrading the forum from the stable 1.1.11 to the beta 2.x.x.  I tend to avoid beta's - but I think this beta has been out as long as Mitel Forums has been around.  I mean how beta can it really be at this point?

I have not read a damn thing on what this upgrade will mean/require - but I will do my best to keep the impact to you as minimal as possible.  I'd expect Tapatalk and the advertising to the be the most affected - neither of which affect more than a small percentage of users.  Hell, the ad's only affect me :)

While talking about the ad's - I thought it's only fair I let you know that I'm nearing my first $100 check from google.  At the current rate I'd guess I'll hit $100 in Feb/March.  I think that is pretty cool - more than pays for the web hosting - which was my only original goal!

Anyway, again, sorry for the spam attack - I'll work it out...

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10