Author Topic: 3300 call center and reps complaining of dropped calls  (Read 9946 times)

Offline phonelady55

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300 call center and reps complaining of dropped calls
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:40:31 AM »
good morning all -

I have just installed a 3300 with 5224 IP phones for the call center reps.  We have a Sprint PRI for 800 inbound calls and the reps are complaining that in mid-conversation, they hear a loud beep and the call disconnects - Sprint shows no errors on the circuit and PBX vendor says it is not them - has anyone else experienced the issue?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 call center and reps complaining of dropped calls
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 09:31:57 AM »
If it's only the reps having this happens to AND they hear a true "BEEP" as opposed to more of a staticy click, check for the following:
(1) Check any stats you have to see if perhaps these calls are all disconnecting after the same call durration.   Meaning, do all calls disconect after 5 minutes? (or some other amount of time )
(2) Is there anything on the phone LCD when this happen?
(3) Check the ACD ID's Agents COS, ALL Trunk COS and the COS of the instruments to be sure that "Call duration forced clear down timer" is set to Zero.

If you don't spot the cause there, we need to know the entire call progress path for the call:  ie: DNIS rings to Auto Atten, then transfers to path, etc.    We'll need a lot more detail.  Hopefully you'll spot the problem in the COS.

Ralph

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:43:05 AM by ralph »

Offline phonelady55

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 01:01:29 PM »
Thanks, I checked the COS and that was okay, in the process of gathering the rest of the info.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 01:03:07 PM »
In the COS make sure you don't have call duration limits enabled on the agents COS and the trunk COS.

Offline phonelady55

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »
Well, after doing some digging and listening to recordings of the calls (YES, luckily CallRex was very useful here), turns out most of the calls were simply hanging up after listening to a VM port that issued a disclaimer indicating that your calls were being recorded.  We think the VM port is still routing the call to the reps before it disconnects.  Some of the dropped calls were from cell phones, not much you can do about that.  The CC mgr. still claims to have an issue - but I am still skeptical  ;)

Offline phonelady55

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 call center and reps complaining of dropped calls - update
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:50:31 AM »
Apparently, Mitel has discovered an "issue" in rel. 8.04 that is supposedly fixed in Rel 9.0 - we will upgrade on 12/16 - stay tuned to see if the issue really does go away - I am not so concerned with the folks answering the calls and no one there - that could be anything - but the ones that disconnect in mid-conversation are of concern in a service environment! 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:17:16 AM »
Can you ask your vendor what the Mitel DPAR number is?   (or p.xxxxx number) I'd be interested in looking up the details.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:04:17 PM by ralph »

Offline phonelady55

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »
It has been a while and I thought I would update on the "dropped call" issue.  Well, we upgraded the software to Rel 9, still had same issue.  Ran some traffic, collected call logs and incoming phone numbers etc., had vendor meet on the PRI circuits and they are clean.  So, in googling some of the 10 digit phone numbers we have gotten from the reps and also have vendors research has resulted in telemarketing call , cell phone calls and most likely wrong numbers.  Out of approximately 60,000 calls/mo - they lose about 480 and most times cannot give me the appropriate information to research the issue.  I have logged the 800 numbers with the do not call registry and happy to say my Mitel is humming along nicely ;D.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »
Thanks for letting us know what the problem appears to have been PhoneLady!

-Chak

Offline MitelMania

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 08:53:25 AM »
shouldnt the PRI have been providing supervised disconnect toward the mitel?

meaning if a remote caller hangs up the mitel (esp on a PRI) should disconnect the call and not send it through even if a VM port is off hook....

I find a PRI is very fast at tearing down a call when the calling end hangs up.. and even the VM ports clear quickly..
-Christopher

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10