Author Topic: WARNING! Bug on Mitel ICP-3300..  (Read 7202 times)

Offline sadzas

• View Profile
WARNING! Bug on Mitel ICP-3300..
« on: October 01, 2008, 04:37:21 PM »
I really don't know guys if you haven tried this, but believe me ...

If you define a SIP trunk with ANY PBX (I mean, 3CX, Asterisk, even a Cisco router), you will can to call to ICP-3300 without troubles...

All this, without define a SIP trunk on the Mitel... you just have to define it on the PBX that you wanna make the call...

Have you even try this?

AH! I have tried it on Mitel 3300 Rls. 7.1...

Saludos!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: WARNING! Bug on Mitel ICP-3300..
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
Interesting.   This would explain something I'm was dealing with a week ago when a Nortel BCM could place calls to me but I couldn't bring the trunks up.

Thinking out loud here.....   What does this do for our security?   If there is an internet accessable 3300....   Sip client wouldn't work.    But... you could set up a SIP Server (i.e. Astrerik) and then run a SIP client off of that.   No inbound calls, but if COR security isn't set properly you could loose a fortune fast.   Better verify (1) no SIP access from internet.  (2) Your COR is correct to block outbound calls from this.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:22:17 PM by ralph »

Offline sadzas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:51:55 AM »
Interesting.  This would explain something I'm was dealing with a week ago when a Nortel BCM could place calls to me but I couldn't bring the trunks up.

Thinking out loud here.....   What does this do for our security?   If there is an internet accessable 3300....   Sip client wouldn't work.    But... you could set up a SIP Server (i.e. Astrerik) and then run a SIP client off of that.   No inbound calls, but if COR security isn't set properly you could loose a fortune fast.   Better verify (1) no SIP access from internet.  (2) Your COR is correct to block outbound calls from this.

Yes, you're right. But if you are using IP Trunks, it's more complicated...

Actually I'm using "SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID" form, It's a good way to block the undesired calls from undefined SIP trunks...

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:25 AM »
Now I have to get a grasp on something new.
How does the "SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID" block unwanted calls?
That's not a challange, I just don't know.

If all the form was empty would it stop incoming calls or do numbers have to be defined in the form to work?

Ralph

Offline sadzas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »
Let's make a deal...

You tell me how can I do this: http://www.mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=132.0

and I tell you how use SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID...

;) ;) !!!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
ooooo.  I love to wheel and deal.   
But unfortunatly I don't know the answer.    Let me bouce it off a couple of our other techs.   As far as I know there isn't anyway to DL the file back to your PC so you can play it.

But....  having said that,  I'd bet there would be a way to find it on the hard drive.   Look on Mitel's knowlage base for this article: 05-5191-00033   It explains how to manually back up an embedded vm.  I think that it may be possible to chase that from there.  Look in the /vmail directory.   It may be pretty cryptic and chances are that the file was renamed to something else when uploaded.

I did a quick FTP using a FTP client and was able to find the VOX files.  I DL'd them but couldn't play them back even with Audacity.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10