Author Topic: 3300, LCS/OCS and LBG... and E164  (Read 5179 times)

nickcx

3300, LCS/OCS and LBG... and E164
« on: August 06, 2007, 11:58:21 AM »
Hi All,

I know that this may not be a Mitel problem, but I'm hoping some kind soul can point me in the right direction.

Scenario: We have an ICP3300, LBG and Microsoft LCS. Our machines are using Office Communicator.

Aim: As per Microsoft's recommendations all our contacts are stored in their E164 format as +44 20 71234567. We would like all external numbers that come in to have +44 added to the start and the first 0 to be removed. This would mean that OC is able to look up the number correct in Outlook and present the name of the caller. We already been working on the phone normalisation scripts in LCS, which 'should' be working but the number is still being presented to OC in it's native format e.g. 02071234567 - mighty frustrating.

We've been working on the assumption that it's something to do with dialstrings (as in phone-context=dialstring) as we have got OC CLI working for internal extensions. I'm not sure what URI/context information it is sending and whether LBG is stripping off or manipulating the data so that something gets lost in translation... At a loss basically!

Is there way to check what is coming from the 3300 or configure it for E164, or is it already configured like that out of the box?

Cheers for your time,

Nick

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: 3300, LCS/OCS and LBG... and E164
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:02:25 PM »
  I had something very similar in that the 3300 was forwarding the original ANI out on forwarded calls.  5551212 calls extension 1234 which is forwarded to a cell.  The ANI sent was 5551212.  I worked with Mitel on this and there was no fix.  My problem was that my Telco would not accept ANI digits that were not assigned to the circuit so the call forward would fail.

Not a terribly useful reply, but based on that experience I would guess this will have to be solved on the LCS side.  As to looking at what is being sent, again I'm not a lot of help.  There is a way to turn on and watch Q.931 traces but I don't know about equivalent for SIP....

Be sure and swing back by and let us know how you get this one figured out.....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10