Author Topic: NuPoint RAD greetings  (Read 6206 times)

Offline Biggie3300

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint RAD greetings
« on: December 15, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »
Hi All,
Am new to nupoint doing first install and trying to create RAD messages to play for an ACD path.  Easy enough to do on the embedded voicemail but not having any luck in nupoint can anyone shed some light.
RGDS

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint RAD greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:51:15 AM »
This is a bit challenging.
I'm not a NuPoint tech but I can give you a high level overview of what to do.

1 - create a new port group with the port you want to dedicate to the RAD.
2 - set that port to answer with either a greeting only mail box or a AA box that plays the greeting then hangs up.
3 - record the greeting, dial the port and put a stop watch to it, timing how much time is used from the time the port answers until the end of the message.  This is your "message timer" value.
4 - in the 3300 create a new COS.  Enable the RAD option.   Set your "off hook timer" to it's maximum.  Set your message timer to match what the message length you timed in step 3.
5 - assign the COS to the Nupoint port.
6 - assign the New Rad port to your ACD path.
7 - test by dialing the ACD path and letting the RAD answer - note: you cannot test by dialing the port directly.

To me, using a NuPoint port as a RAD is a waste of some valuable real estate.   Better to use the embedded.  It's easier and less expensive.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:47:57 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: NuPoint RAD greetings
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »
  I piddled around with this one time, finally just used embedded for the RAD's and NuPoint as the mailboxes.....

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10