Author Topic: Mitel 5312... Again!  (Read 3030 times)

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5312... Again!
« on: December 13, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »
Hey!

Thanks to the help and support of all of you on here, I've managed to (after a bit of a calamity) get my Mitel 5312 IP Phone at least partway towards usability.

I've now managed to locate the IP address of the ICP, but didn't have time tonight to plug it in to the phone as Teleworker Mode.
I will be doing that tomorrow morning, (UK Time), and will post back here when I get that done :)

I was just wondering, what should I expect to do after inserting the IP of the ICP?
What things will I require, as I would quite rather like to get them pre-prepared, and then have them at-hand when there (as I need the least downtime possible - I'm running the box office in the run up to a big show, so need to be answering the phone!).

Thanks,

Joe

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5312... Again!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 05:53:42 AM »
OK, so I got in today and put the IP address of the ICP in as the teleworker gateway.

It now boots and sets up :)

However, once it has done so, it just hangs at:

Set 10.10.65.38
ICP 192.168.2.1

What can I do from here?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »
Well it looks like the controller is on a different network from the data, and that their not routed. Can you get to 192.168.2.1 from a computer? I'm going to guess not. I'm also going to guess that not only are you going to need to put in the ICP information, but you're going to have to put the phone into the proper vlan statically as well.

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »
Ah, balls.

They've only just turned on the VLANs here too, which has been causing lots of problems.

I will get the network technicians who are actually in the loop about it to have a look and see what they can do.

Ta :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10