Author Topic: 3300ICP - Finding IP Address  (Read 19356 times)

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300ICP - Finding IP Address
« on: December 11, 2010, 07:07:31 AM »
Hey,

I've recently moved to the new school site (we have two sites, each with separate 3300's), and I've taken my 5312 IP phone with me.

However, over there, it's all Analog. All the racking has at least 2 FXS modules in each, which provide the telephones over (really low quality) cabling, to a random assortment of analog British Telecom telephones. It's always failing, but they don't want to change it.

They tried to get me to take one of them, but upon producing this IP phone (which cost a bloody fortune!) they (IT support) said "oh, we don't support those". They only have two mitel phones, and they are both on reception. So there's no way I would get a chance to restart them and go through any of the settings. (I'd probably get a bump on the noggin with the handset if i did that).

Basically, they don't have the IP address of the 3300ICP. Otherwise they are going to call out the same management company (Bailey Teswaine) and charge me

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3300ICP - Finding IP Address
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »
There's no way to tell the ip address of the machine from the 3300 box itself unfortunetly. You say they have Mitel phones at the reception desk? What models? If these phones are ip phones, there is a way to see that address.

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 10:53:10 AM »
There is a 5312, and another (unfortunately it's secured, so I can't turn it around, but it has an orange backlight. and a PKM module installed).

How would i go about finding out the IP address? Bearing in mind it can't take more than 5 minutes, and must not restart the phone (it takes a long while for some reason for them to restart, and that would disrupt reception, and then they would clunk me head with the whole unit!).

Thanks  :)

Joe

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 11:24:36 AM »
Just googled the mitel IP phone range, and it seems like the orange backlit one is a 5220.

Hope it helps :)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »
A couple things:
1: you can connect a serial cable to the 3300 ICP at 9600,8,n,1 and enter bootChange.   Just keep hitting return through all the prompts being absolutely sure you change nothing.  ( maybe you should write down what's there while you're at it.)  One of the options is inet on backplane.  (I think - I'm doing this from memory)  It will show you the IP address of the 3300.

2: you may be able to find the MAC address on the bottom or rear of the 3300 then do a reverse ARP.  If you're on the same subnet you should be able to find it.

3:  Tell one of the phone users to get over them selves and boot their phone.  It will show you the ICP IP address when it boots.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:38:21 PM by ralph »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
Otherwise, with a phone online, do the following:

Press both the up and down arrows sat the same time. Release the top arrow, but continue to hold the bottom one. Press the the 2 key, then the 3 key, then the 4 key (spelling out cfg). You can now release all the keys, and the display should give you the phone's menu.

If you press * or #, go into the network settings, view current, and then using the down arrow, page down through the information. One of the options should be ICP 1. This is your controller's ip address. Continue to page down till it give you an option to press * to exit. Again hit the down arrow until you get the option to hit * a second time. It should return the phone to date and time.

Couple of warnings. If the phone is a 5220, its an older phone, and I'm not sure this will even be possible. Second, not sure what will happen if the phone rings while your doing all this.

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
A couple things:
1: you can connect a serial cable to the 3300 ICP at 9600,8,n,1 and enter bootChange.   Just keep hitting return through all the prompts being absolutely sure you change nothing.  ( maybe you should write down what's there while you're at it.)  One of the options is inet on backplane.  (I think - I'm doing this from memory)  It will show you the IP address of the 3300.

2: you may be able to find the MAC address on the bottom or rear of the 3300 then do a reverse ARP.  If you're on the same subnet you should be able to find it.

3:  Tell one of the phone users to get over them selves and boot their phone.  It will show you the ICP IP address when it boots.

Ralph

1. Not able to do that at present, nor with number 2.

3. I have tried, and have ended up getting verbal abuse from the receptionists!

Thank you for your help anyway ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:38:40 PM by ralph »

Offline ascenseur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »

Press both the up and down arrows sat the same time. Release the top arrow, but continue to hold the bottom one. Press the the 2 key, then the 3 key, then the 4 key (spelling out cfg). You can now release all the keys, and the display should give you the phone's menu.

If you press * or #, go into the network settings, view current, and then using the down arrow, page down through the information. One of the options should be ICP 1. This is your controller's ip address. Continue to page down till it give you an option to press * to exit. Again hit the down arrow until you get the option to hit * a second time. It should return the phone to date and time.

Couple of warnings. If the phone is a 5220, its an older phone, and I'm not sure this will even be possible. Second, not sure what will happen if the phone rings while your doing all this.

Aha, ok :) Will try it with the 5312. Besides, the 5220 is the one that is the main operator telephone, so it's less likely that this one will ring.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »

Wow - I've always been very frustrated that I couldn't view the phones settings without rebooting it.  This rocks bluewhite4!

-Chak

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »
3. I have tried, and have ended up getting verbal abuse from the receptionists!

Silly receptionist!

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 04:41:46 AM »

you can connect a serial cable to the 3300 ICP  with putty Start 33OO then when you have message like <7> <6> <5>....

press 3 times Space bar then when you have vxware or somethig ling that    vxware :

you have to do vxware : P                         P : mean print

and then you have your ip adress

sorry for my english im from france

Offline MitelUK2010

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 05:19:13 AM »
connect serial and type VERSION, prevents the off chance of making a change at the boot change screen and causing problems.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
MitelUK2010,
Thanks for that.   Didn't think about a VERSION command.  I'm keep finding that I'm a creature of habit.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:38:58 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10