Author Topic: Conference Call Scenerios  (Read 3209 times)

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
Conference Call Scenerios
« on: December 02, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
Does the Mitel have different working methods of setting a conference call with a 5340, if it is an incoming call or a outbound call?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conference Call Scenerios
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what information your after, but a typical phone can setup a conference call either with an incoming call, or by placing an outside call. The user just hits the Transfer/Conference key, dials the third person, and then when the third person answers, hits the trans/conf key again.

There is an alternative method of setting up a phone to be auto answered whenever its called. So up to 7 parties can call it, and automatically be added into a conference. (Can't think of the official name at the moment though.)

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 05:48:26 PM »
Well I have someone tell me they can make a conference call happen one day and can't the next. 

"There is an alternative method of setting up a phone to be auto answered whenever its called. So up to 7 parties can call it, and automatically be added into a conference. (Can't think of the official name at the moment though.)"

What I know is putting a caller on hold, and adding held parties to the next call made.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »
Bluewhite4,
I'd be interested in what your talking about regarding a conference you can call into.   The only thing I'm aware of is the Mitel Quick Conference which requires a separate server.

hsearson,
Check the system options to see how many outside trunks can be in a conference.   I think default is 3.   Perhaps the user's perception is that "the next day can't conference" but in reality it's just they're trying to add in more trunks than the options allow.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:13:56 PM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:12:49 AM »
I think the default number of trunks is 1. Maybe they had one outside party and another internal on the "working days" and tried more than one outside party on the non-working days.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
Ralph,
I had forgotten that this is only for analog sets, and when setting it up, you set it up as a Non-busy Extension.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
I had always wondered if a non-busy analog extension could be programmed and then a 600 OHM risister put accross the the Tip and Ring. 
It's been one of those theroies I've had in the back of my mind I've wanted to try - just never enough time.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:14:11 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
  Can't imagine how it would not work Ralph....

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10