Author Topic: password recovering  (Read 5011 times)

Offline limamikeseven

• Contributer
    • View Profile
password recovering
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
Hi

Since my upgrade of our mxe 3300 from mcd4.1 to mcd4.2, i have been unable to access the esm. it reports back saying that the userid and/or password are incorrect.

Anyone have been able to recover passwords or logon details on mcd4.1+, the procedure used on system running mcd4 or lower does not work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: password recovering
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »
Upgrading to 4.2 breaks passwords?
This isn't good news.

I don't know of any way to recover in version 4.x without going directly to Mitel.
I would think, though, that if you explain it broke during upgrade, they would fix it for you.

Ralph
www.aavoicepro.com/avaya

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
  I did the upgrade on a pristine system and it was fine.  That said, it was still default logins at that point.....

No help for the OP I know.....

-Chak

Offline limamikeseven

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:07:39 AM »
Update: I have since explained this to Mitel with no real feedback apart from, "you'll have to configure it from scratch",huh? they can't be serious!

I have done a manual upgrade, was able to log into the ESM with the default credentials, but unable to retrieve licenses as the controller does not have internet access, so I reverted to using Software installer to download the licenses and perform the restore, this worked but SI gave me an error saying that I should check that the user had sufficient privileges, obviously this was due to the default credentials not matching those in the backup. Once the restore was complete, I was still unable to access the system either via the original password or the default. The only thing I can think happened here was that SI was unable to complete the whole process, setting user restrictions so forth hence the lockout.

My next course of action I will try is to do a manual install, retrieve licenses via SI and perform the restore via ESM. I will keep you posted but would appreciate if anyone has a idea on how to reset the password without having to perform the manual install.

Thanks

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:51:58 AM »
I've done three upgrades now, all using SI and haven't had this issue. Weird.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 11:01:15 AM »
Here I go again just "a wondering".

Let's say this:  We know the password file must be kept in a specific file deep in the guts of the sytem that has to be backed up.
The question becomes: what is this file and can it be manipulated.

So my wondering is this:  If we were to back up a known good system with default passwords then changed the passwords and backed it up again could you determine the file based on the timestamp of the file?

Then,
If you were able to determine the file, could you replace the file with one that has default passwords and then restore it?   Or maybe just upload the single file to the system and reboot?

Just my musings......

Ralph
www.Statewidetelecom.com

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
Forgive me if I am missing something, but why do you have to use the SI in order to complete the licensing?  Why can't you do a manual install, then type in the applicable fields manually in the ESM, along with the mitel password.
I realize that many people use the on-line method, to conact and verify teh AMC record, but is there something that doesn't work by doing it manually?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »
If you download the license key manually, you will be unable to unassign or movie licenses to any other networked systems until the next full revision on the AMC (probably 5).

If you're a standalone system, this isn't a big deal. To multi-site systems, this can be a problem.

We have an in-shop policy that all systems have to be licensed online, even if you only get them internet for this initial licensing, just in case something gets loaded that shouldn't.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10