Author Topic: Mitel 5320 IP Phones Screen fauly Issue  (Read 12267 times)

mrcrtking

Mitel 5320 IP Phones Screen fauly Issue
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
Hi

I have a 3300 with 100 x 5320 IP phones and over the last 4 - 5 months they have been dropping like fly's

What seems to happen is the screens fail in the sence that they get sort of missing lines of pixles on them, the phone and buttons function ok but the screen becomes corrupt for want of a better word.

I have 36 that have failed in this way so far, and they are all about 5 - 6 month out of warranty seem to get one fail every couple of days.

Whats worse is that if I take a fully working one to bits and just swap a screen from a faulty screen phone one the screen from the faulty phone works and stays working, if I take the screen from the fully working phone and put it in the phone that had the screen issue the screen shows the fault.

What I have proved here is the actual LCD is 100% ok and that it is a main board fault.

Proved POE is good so its not a power issue.

Has anyone out there had this fault ?? and is this a possible firmware issue ??

From my personel experiance Mitel phones seem to be somewhat unreliable as we have replaced allot of 5224 that suffered total LCD fail and it WAS the actual LCD its self.

Thanks

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Mitel 5320 IP Phones Screen fauly Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 07:40:20 PM »
  That is interesting.  I have 100's of deployed mitel phones, although not many 5320's.  Tons of 5324/5312/5220/5330/5340 and have had a very low failure rate.

Now I'm curious to hear about others experiences with the 5320.  That phone is valuable in a price competitive situation....

-Chak

mrcrtking

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:22:31 AM »
Hi

Have had another fail over the weekend, screen gone, phone works but screen totally blank, unplug leave for 20 secs plug back in no screen give it 5 mins to boot all audio / button functions work fine you just can't see anything.

Another 1 to add to the pile of broken Mitel phones.

I sent the first 30 odd off for repair and they all came back not repairable from a well known repair centre so obveously there is some BIG issue with these phones they are all around the same serial number era of FSAFG9XXX the last 3 digits on some are consecutive and others are only 10 - 20 apart, batch issue maybe ???

Does anyone know how to upload a photo to the forum as I want to show what I mean with the display faults ?

Does anyone have a copy of the latest firmware for the 5320 I can download ? as it might be worth me upgrading the phones to see if it is a bug or somthing, don't really want to chuck them as they are

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:22:39 AM »
This is very odd. I too have 100's of phone deployed, going all the way back to 5010 and 5020's out there, and have never heard of a mass issue like this before. We've been rolling out lots of 5320/5330/5340/5360's lately, so this has me slightly concerned.

Your not suppose to mix firmware versions of phones, your suppose to do whole controller upgrades. What exact software version are you running?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:23:31 AM »
Even though they are out of warranty Mitel may be aware of the issue and issue you replacements. I would contact support and see if they have a batch of S/Ns that have faulty screens. I had a batch of 5340s that the print on the buttons wore off of after a little more than a year. They don't publicly publish this info, you have to ask them about it.

Worst thing that happens is you waste 30 min of your day.

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »
I've just rolled out 200 of these for a very important customer hope this isn't going to come back and bite me in the a**.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10