Author Topic: Digit Conflict - and ARS  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Digit Conflict - and ARS
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »
  I know this is going to be easy for you guru's.  Took over a Mitel system.  They are using 4 digit dialing - however all of their DID's start with either 8 or 9   (IE:  8xxx).  That is also their extensions.

In ARS, they use 8N+6 - IE:  8 to get an outside line.   This is fine most of the time, unless the phone number is say 8555-5555 and there happens to be an extension 8555.  It appears the system ignores the Dialing Conflict Timer in respect to ARS and the calls match immediately and go to the extension.

Is there anyway around this?  IE: can we get a timer that will wait on the extension match for the user to complete the ARS dialing?

-Chak

PS: By now you guys can tell when I have taken off my Cisco hat and am deep into Mitel - the questions start flowing :)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Digit Conflict - and ARS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
The only way I know how to overcome this is to add additional ARS digit dials, like 8555+4, for each 8XXX+4 that matches an extension.

Otherwise it assumes that the 8555 is an internal extension only and won't even look at ARS.

Or there's the changing of the outside dial-able digit?

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
Re: Digit Conflict - and ARS
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »
It's typically not a good idea to have extension numbers start with the digit you are using to access the PSTN in ARS.

You'll need to ensure that 8+555 is not explicitly defined (when its specifically defined, the switch begins routing the call).  Instead, having 8+3 to follow will work and get routed either after a somewhat lengthy pause, or by pressing #. 

This is coming off the top of my head...  If there is another digit you can use for PSTN access that also is NOT being used as a DID leading digit, you may want to do that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10