Author Topic: 3300 SMDR problems?  (Read 23460 times)

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300 SMDR problems?
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:45:07 AM »
Hi all!
i have recently had a 3300 II system installed in the office with Mitel 5312 phones but problems are arising now that im trying to record calls.
Ive got a Retell sense call analyser installed and is listening to port 1752 for the SMDR information but the system cannot get any information. The call recording itself works but it cannot determine which extension/phone the call came from. Likewise on incomming calls the system cannot display the incomming call number.
Does anyone know how i fix this?
Ive spoken to the call recording company who wont touch my phone system in case they mess it up and BT want to charge me the earth to come and re program a system which i think should have been programmed correctly when it was initially installed.
I have gone into system admin and enabled SMDR internal and external under the SMDR options and enabled the Display ANI/ISDN Calling number however standardiszed network OLI cannot be activated because it needs to be 'programmed for standardized OLI' and the same is said for standardiszed call ID format. Do i even need OLI?
can anyone help with what to do here? i will post up a couple of print screens so you can see how its set up at the moment.
BT have told me they may need to enable CLI-P so that presented calls are displayed, can anyone confirm if this is 1) correct and 2) if this is something i can enable myself ? The other thing they mentioned was that CLI-R may be interfering as we currently withhold our outgoing call display? does this then mean i cannot get analysis from my phone system if i withhold my number?

I keep getting told to pay for an engineer to come and sort it out but if its something i can learn myself id rather save the money.

Thanks in advance

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 SMDR problems?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »
If you have already enabled it in the SMDR form go into the class of service for both phones and trunks and enable internal and external smdr

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:24 AM »
If you have already enabled it in the SMDR form go into the class of service for both phones and trunks and enable internal and external smdr

Thank you for your FAST response! i will try this now. what is the trunk? the only options i have to change are the phones and the supervisor.

Am i right in thinking the settings for phones and trunks must all match? not just the SMDR ?

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »
Ive now activated SMDR on both classes of service, the phones and supervisor but the information is still not being fed through :-\

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »

Apparently these images cannot be made any bigger on this forum. is 200x125 the maximum photo size?
They come up fine when i look at them anywhere else but on here they are a waste of time!

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/jonosd/Phone/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:41:03 AM by JSD »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:02:08 AM »
Lets figure out first if you're actually recording calls.
Go to maintenance commands and type "logs re smdr new 10" and see what the response is.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:08:33 AM by ralph »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 02:48:11 PM »
I think the problem lies in the COS of the PSTN trunks on the 3300. Make sure SMDR is enabled in the COS of the trunks

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 06:56:05 AM »
Lets figure out first if you're actually recording calls.
Go to maintenance commands and type "logs re smdr new 10" and see what the response is.

Ralph
www.university-music-on-hold.com

Thanks for your advice Ralph here is a copy of the log.

LOGSYS warning: No more entries for SMDR log.                                   
LOGSYS info: READ completed for SMDR log with 0 entries.

this is odd because calls are being recorded by the Retell recorder, just no information other than the time or date is available.

how do i get the mitel to start logging entries when  as far as im aware SMDR settings have been enabled?

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:04 AM »
I think the problem lies in the COS of the PSTN trunks on the 3300. Make sure SMDR is enabled in the COS of the trunks

Sorry to be a pain Bob, can you explain this as i havent got a clue when it comes to this sort of technology.
COS - Class of service settings?
PTSN?
Trunks?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »
Your trunks are your lines. Be it SIP trunks, a PRI, a T1, CO/POTS, IP/XNET, they're all forms of trunks. Just like the phones, the trunks have a class of service (COS) to dictate what features should be enabled on them, and how they should behave.

What software version are you running? (This will help with telling you where to check on things.) You can find this info by clicking on the "About" link either in the lower-left corner or upper-right corner.

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 10:40:47 AM »
Your trunks are your lines. Be it SIP trunks, a PRI, a T1, CO/POTS, IP/XNET, they're all forms of trunks. Just like the phones, the trunks have a class of service (COS) to dictate what features should be enabled on them, and how they should behave.

What software version are you running? (This will help with telling you where to check on things.) You can find this info by clicking on the "About" link either in the lower-left corner or upper-right corner.

The release level is 4.1
Platform CXii II

How do i know what sort of trunks i have? as far as im aware this is an ISDN30 ? is that the trunk?
i cant seem to find Class of service options for the trunk specifically.

Thanks in advance

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
Yes, that would be your trunk type I believe.

To see what COS its using, lets try looking at the Trunk Attributes form, found under the Trunks folder. If you could do a screen capture of that, it would be helpful, otherwise, which one/s are being used, and what COS are assigned to each. (Hopefully their labeled.)

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 06:35:50 AM »
Here is a link to the screenshots of the Trunk attributes form
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/jonosd/Phone/
if i try and put the photos on here they are automatically resized and you cant see it properly

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »
Check you class of service 64 for the SMDR options

Also if you telnet to port 1752 from your laptop do you see any data?

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
  I increased the size to 800x800.  Hopefully that will help folks...

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10