Author Topic: Forward voicemail to email! >Mitel 3300<  (Read 25910 times)

ngocan

Forward voicemail to email! >Mitel 3300<
« on: November 15, 2010, 11:51:47 PM »
I have trouble with this problem.
I enter the IP address of : "smtp.yahoo.com" in the "Email server" field. but i can' forward voicemail to my email: ngocan063@yahoo.com. Help me ??? Thanks ! ;)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:47:08 PM by ralph »

Offline plee61

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Forward voicemail to email! >"<
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 05:18:52 AM »
I open 33000 Communication Director , User and Device (something like that).
Open/create a profile, go to the Voice Mail tab and check on enable for Email. Also check on Always.
I enter my company email address there, the voice mail is forwarded to my email everytime.
I have not tried using a yahoo or hotmail email address though.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »
First off, can your 3300 see the internet? You can check this by going to maintenance and doing pings to an outside ip addresses.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 01:31:12 PM »
As an additional test to bluewhite4 suggestion in maintenance type

IPN DNS NSLOOKUP SMTP.YAHOO.COM

And see if you get a result

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »
Hey, I didn't even know about that command. That should work a lot better. (I've now officially learned something today.)

ngocan

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »
@v2win: in maintenance command, i enter: IPN DNS NSLOOKUP SMTP.YAHOO.COM.
and see:
Name:     smarthost.YAHOO.COM
Address:  69.147.107.20  69.147.107.21  216.145.54.171  216.145.54.172  216.145.54.173 
Aliases:  SMTP.YAHOO.COM   
But when i enter that ip address in "email server" field, i have three errors:
"1.
Log Type   Software
Log Number   4791
Severity   Warning
Date   2010/Nov/17
Time   09:18:08
Source   org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
Description   Reinitializing ServerSocket
Module   Main
File Name and Line Number   Unknown;4294967295
Log Type   Software
Log Number   4790
Severity   Error
Date   2010/Nov/17
Source   org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
Description   Endpoint null ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: SSL accept errorjava.io.IOException: Error in accept [53] <java.net.SocketException: SSL accept errorjava.io.IOException: Error in accept [53]>java.net.SocketException: SSL accept errorjava.io.IOException: Error in accept [53] at com.mitel.esmgmt.core.tomcat55.ssl.JavaLayerServe rSocketFactory.acceptSocket(Ljava/net/ServerSocket;)Ljava/net/Socket; [compiled] at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.accept Socket()Ljava/net/Socket; [compiled] at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerTh read.runIt([Ljava/lang/Object;)V [compiled] at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run()V [compiled] at java.lang.Thread.run()V [compiled] 
Module   Main
File Name and Line Number   Unknown;4294967295
Log Type   Software
Log Number   4789
Severity   Error
Date   2010/Nov/17
Source   JavaLayer
Description   Error in accept [53]
Module   Main
File Name and Line Number   MiSSL4jSocketImpl.cpp;96 ".
Help me ??? thanks

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 09:55:12 PM »
  Educated guess - Yahoo may require encrypted SMTP which I don't believe the 3300 supports.  You may need an SMTP server in between to solve this....

-Chak

Offline mayerfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »
I also want to forward my voicemails.  we use smtp.googlemail.com SSL Port 465 for smtp .

when I do IPN DNS NSLOOKUP smtp.googlemail.com
I get "Query failed: : S_objLib_OBJ_UNAVAILABLE"

I have a note that says we need to configure Email Sys Config->IP Network->System IP config
But I have no idea how to link to the other subnet.

Advice?

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »
Getting this to work on my system was kind of convoluted.

First, i set up a port 25 SMTP relay with IIS6 on a Win2008 Server. This worked for everything else i have, but the 3300 does not let you change the sender. it always sends as CLID_XXXX@contoso.com or whatever. My encryption-required hosted email (mine is office365, but should be same for yahoo or google) needs the sender to be a specific account to authenticate.

To overcome this, i changed the SMTP relay to port 26 and set up hMailServer (free) on port 25 on the same server. It picks up SMTP email on port 25, transforms the sender, and then forwards to port 26, where it is then sent on to the server. Works great, everyone is happy.

Here are the links i used to figure out how to transform the sender in hmailserver:
http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17623
http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17839

Hope that helps.

Offline mayerfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 04:07:01 PM »
thanks acraig00 . I have a problem before that one though... my mitel cannot see the internet...  I think I need to set up a tunnel of some kind first....

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Forward voicemail to email! >Mitel 3300<
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »
Easiest way to do this is get a decent PC or server and install MSL (Mitel Standard Linux), with one or two NICs, one if it a connection can talkt to the 3300 and the internet simultaneously, or one connected to a network that can get to the Internet (or directly to the public Internet), and one connected to the 3300's network if they are isolated. Just don't license or register it with Mitel, MSL has an email relay server built in, just point the 3300's email to the MSL server and it will send it out using MX record lookup directly. This can also give you other server resources as well, such as a DHCP server with Mitel options for the 5000, and who hasn't needed that once in a while?

This solutions generally works for anyone who doesn't have an email server onsite, and can be used by other devices as well, like printer/scanners, etc. I have done several of these with $50 boxes we pick up from the state surplus store, they work just fine, so the hardware requirements are pretty light since you are not really using any of MSL's feature, if it installs and recognizes the NIC(s), it is probably good to go.

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 09:14:34 AM »
thanks acraig00 . I have a problem before that one though... my mitel cannot see the internet...  I think I need to set up a tunnel of some kind first....
You shouldnt need that. My 3300 doesnt have internet access. You just need to be able to see the server with your SMTP setup, which then has internet access.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10