Author Topic: SMDR for Mitel 2000 SX call logger and billing  (Read 4796 times)

adirirx

SMDR for Mitel 2000 SX call logger and billing
« on: November 12, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »
Hi-
We have old mitel 2000SX and using SMDR connected via RS32 saving files daily in to windows 2003 server machine, I am looking to a way to sort per extension call incoming/outgoing/ext to ext usage and minute pricing then billed to customer..
We are very poor organization and looking some thing that does not cost more than $300..

I was reading this article on this forum but not sure how to setup and if it is good what I am trying to do.. I have up to 1000 extensions but most of them are not active but they may be active once we grow..

http://www.mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=120.0

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: SMDR for Mitel 2000 SX call logger and billing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
  This is pure speculation, but I would think you could use the Open Source SMDR app that Ralph found http://simplesmdr.sourceforge.net/.  Now I don't think the 2000SX does IP SMDR so I think you would need to convert the serial data coming from the PBX to IP.   I don't know how much SMDR has changed from the 2000sx to the 3300 - IE: if it will be compatible.

I use a Qualtech ThinkQ QSE-100D that I bought for $25 on ebay for some serial applications I have.  (They seem to be in the $350 range on eBay right now).  The trick here would be confirming that if this box is running in RAW mode the data would be in a format that Simple SMDR could read.

This one is a long shot, and would be some work, but might fit your need.  The hard part here is if you get stuck there is really nobody to call for help....and it's just a theory of mine that it would work.

Now, if you spend some more, I've had good luck with MicroCall Accounting package:  http://www.microcall.com/

Good luck!

-Chak

adirirx

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
Thank you Chak- I really appreciated your quick response. Do you know how much is cost macrocall accounting software i need very simple billing and accounting?

Thanks

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »
  It's based on the number of handsets.  I don't know if they sell direct or only through partners, but in your shoes I'd contact them.  They are very helpful and the price will include them remotely installing and getting up and running for you.

I've also heard good things about Hasen Software's solution.  We use Microcall as I like to have a SQL vs Access DB on the back end.  They both run on Windows servers (or workstations) with minimal system requirements.

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10