Author Topic: Exclusive Hold Ringback  (Read 3918 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Exclusive Hold Ringback
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
Customer is Running latest version of 4.1
This customer is set up like a keysystem.   Trunks ring to a hunt group of a group of multiline keys that appears on 16 phone.
Question is: when they put a call on hold and it rings back, it rings all the phones.   They would like it to ring only the phone that put it on hold.   Possible?

Customer will answer a call, put the call on hold, go to another phone and press the line the call is holding on.   Does not want to change that.
Bounced this of of v2win and neither of us could come up with an answer for a work around?
Anyone got one?

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Hold Ringback
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:42:58 AM »
What if you set up a ring group for each line, included each extension and a multicall for the line? Then when the call rings in you answer on the prime not the multicall and your recall should go to the prime not the group. I assume this would fix the recall but it will most likely break the hold pickup. I would assume you could make this work using this as a starting point but it could take a lot of buttons and be very messy.

Easy fix, tell them to get with the program and use the PBX as a PBX and learn to transfer! I always cringe when people want it to act as a Key System.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »
Easy fix, tell them to get with the program and use the PBX as a PBX and learn to transfer! I always cringe when people want it to act as a Key System.

I agree.  Just not gonna happen.

V2win and I kicked the ring group idea around but it break the way they use call pickup.

Concluded there's no work around for what they want to do.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:56:17 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:52:19 PM »
  Call Park - ;)  I find it funny how customers want a new phone system, but want nothing to change....we do the best we can...

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10