Author Topic: Music On Hold Website Live  (Read 3085 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Music On Hold Website Live
« on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:20 PM »
Well I've been working on it for a while but I finally got my son's website up and working.
www.University-Music-On-Hold.com

This site is specifically set up to sell music on hold for Mitel 3300's and others.
Other University Students are not getting involved and will be writing and producing music as well as developing voice overs for auto attendants and voice mail boxes.

We've got two songs up now - you can hear samples here: Music on Hold Samples  

Let me know if you have trouble listening to the samples.   I've had a few issues with browsers and the player.

Ralph

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Music On Hold Website Live
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:28:25 PM »
  Hey Ralph - pretty cool.  Hope he sells tons of it!  I am curious - I couldn't find any info about the voice overs and pricing for them on the site....

-Chak

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Music On Hold Website Live
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 05:57:53 AM »
I'm working on the voice overs.  That's the next step.   We want, where possible, to use students to do them so the trick is to find them.    We think we have one girl (you can hear here voice on the sample music) but we're going to need more as well as male voices.
I have to write the script(s) for the demo voices then Matt has to get them recorded.

My idea with the voices is to be able to provide demo voices, the customer chooses the voice, we provide a quote for the customer, they accept and send us the script they want to use.   It's a work in process so if you have suggestions on improvement let me know.

Part of the beauty of this is we can produce things pretty inexpensively.   We've almost no over head.  The participating students will get cash for school and customer get a quality product at a very low cost.

As part of this I've been looking at the competition.   Just for music it's about 5 times more than what we're asking.   The voice overs are incredibly expensive so there's a lot of margin available to us.   We'll see how that all works out.

Now it's time to start educating customer and techs about what can happen if customers get caught playing radio stations or off the shelf CD's without paying the ASCAP license fees.   A $10,000 fine can really hurt and isn't necessary especially when we can provide MOH so inexpensively.

One of the other things I'd like to do is to set up an affiliate program where techs such as our selves can make a little bit of coin just by pointing their customers to our website and recommending us.   Techs would send the customer to a specific link, the customer buys a product and the tech gets a small share.  That's off the horizon a bit but it's part of the plan.

Ralph
www.university-music-on-hold.com
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:01:00 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10