Author Topic: Nupoint delivery of voice messages to POP via Authenticated SMTP fails  (Read 3395 times)

scottinfortmill

We have a new Nupoint and I cannot seem to get AUTHENTICATED SMTP to work.  My stupid ISP doesn't use the standard user@domain.com as the account username they have user.domain.com.  Regardless, when I feed the 3300 user@domain.com or user.domain.com it fails to authenticate (I can see that fact from the log files)...I even tried creating an account within the 3300 because it appears that Mitel stubs the username to @domain.com itself....the problem is that if Mitel has to do it's own concatenating schema for creating the SMTP useraccount I will need someone who can hack the .conf file in MSL.  Thank you for your input into this.

FYI: When I change the SMTP settings I am NOT rebooting or killing/restarting the email daemon...

Please excuse the double post as I posted to the 3300 first...until a kind sole pointed out my error.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Nupoint delivery of voice messages to POP via Authenticated SMTP fails
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 12:50:41 AM »
  Have to admit I haven't done this - however SMTP is easy to decipher in a sniffer and if all else failed I'd get a wireshark trace to see what is actually being sent out to figure out where to go from there....

-Chak

scottinfortmill

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:16:55 AM »
And I can see from the event logs that the system is trying to use port 26..I poked a hole in my firewall but my ISP must have port 1025...further evidence I need a MSL9 expert (or at least a RedHat expert) to tweak a .conf file...I think

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »
I'm by no means an expert at this particular function of NuPoint, but I've had some similar issues. The config your possibly looking to mess with is actually for the linux qmail program. I believe this is what NuPoint uses for smtp, I assume that logs your looking at are the qmail logs as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10