Author Topic: Disable Verified Account Codes to Specific Devices  (Read 3307 times)

CaymanPort

Disable Verified Account Codes to Specific Devices
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »
We are running a 3300 MXe (Rel level 4.1).  All of our phones are setup to use verified account codes in order to dial long distance and other toll calls.  I was wondering if there is a way to disable the option to enter a verified account code on a specific phone through the use of COS?  We are finding that certain employees with too much time on their hands are going to public area phones and randomly trying account codes until they find one that work.  I would like to change phones that are not locked in offices to only be able to make internal and non-toll external calls.  Is this possible?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Disable Verified Account Codes to Specific Devices
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:42:52 AM »
Been thinking about this one......
It appears you can't do it via COS.
Possibly Max Digits dialed - but I kind of doubt it.

You could interconnect the phones from any trunk.  That will stop the phones from dialing out but not from doing "account code hacking".
Of course that would stop any local calling also.

Ralph
www.unviersity-music-on-hold.com

CaymanPort

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
That is what I figured.  Because the restricted numbers include cell phone calls which are the same number of digits as land line calls, the only way to figure out what numbers are restricted are through the ARS Digits Dialed feature.  Because this only uses COR for restricting call, there is no way to block this if the user has a valid account code.  If you cannot turn off the ability to enter verified account codes at the phone, then there doesn't seem to be away to do what I want.

I guess I might have to just turn off external calls entirely from these phones.  Thanks for your input though.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »
Make the account codes 12 digits to punish everybody.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 10:19:09 PM »
LOL

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10