Author Topic: Help audio upload mitel icp 3300  (Read 10146 times)

Peter57

Help audio upload mitel icp 3300
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:58:18 AM »
Hello everyone

I need help for my mitel 3300... I would like to know where I can find how to download audio files, for example waiting message, to be able to then load on the 3300..

i m sorry for my english and i thank you in advance..

Peter
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:14:26 AM by Peter57 »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Help audio upload mitel icp 3300
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
Go to the form "System Audio Files Update" and upload there.
The file needs to be in 8bit Mono WAV.

Ralph

Peter57

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:51:13 AM »
hello ralph

thank you very much for the answer to my question but the problem is another..

I would like to know where I can download the original audio file that then I am going to put them..I have to download it from www.mitel.com? and where? I do not want to put a music file which then I have to pay royalties to the SIAI..  :)

Thanks... peter

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:17:41 AM »
Hi Peter,
If I understand you correctly, you need to find a file that will play Music On Hold (MOH).

Mitel doesn't offer the "Music On Hold" source files.   Each customer is expected to either come up with their own source or work with their vendor to come up with it.
I'm not sure what SIAI is but I would assume that it's the same as ASCAP here in the states.
This is where you'd pay royalties to here in the US (and Canada I believe).   It's a yearly fee and applies to things like CD's and even playing radio stations over MOH.

Not every piece of music requires yearly royalties.  There are other sources for royalty free music or nearly free.   Not easy to find but they're available.   Then you have to get them in the right format for the Mitel.   8 bit mono A-law or U-law.

I'm a bit ahead of my self talking about this but I'm actually working on a website that is specifically designed to provide Royalty Free Music on Hold.  The intent is to sell for a one time fee quality music that does not require a yearly ASCAP licensing fee.   ( I know, you can call the one time fee a royalty fee if you want but it's a one time fee.)   My son is going to school at Michigan Tech University for Audio Production and happens to be an accomplished musician.  He has put together a couple of pieces that we're going to start with and then allow other students to add their music so they can earn a bit of money for their tuition.   The website I'm putting together is www.University-music-on-hold.com  It's not ready to sell the music yet but should be ready soon.   Everything will be available for download formatted for the Mitel, as an MP3 or on CD.   

I do have a couple of pieces available I can sell you for about $10 US.   I'd just give it to you if I could but it's my son's an that how he's earning income for his collage tuition.   Let me know and I may be able to provide you with samples.

Ralph

Peter57

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:07:21 AM »
Hello Ralph,
I advice my chief of your proposal, but he has explained me that we already have another switchboard with the music on hold introduced. It is possible to download a music on hold from a  switchboard (for example the first) and move this music to another switchboard (for example the second)?How could we do this process?
thanks

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 08:35:46 AM »
You can't pull the original file from the 3300 and move over.  (Technically it may be possible but it's beyond the scope of what I can explain here.)

If you can get the original file that was loaded on the other switch you should be able to upload it directly.

Ralph
www.University-Music-On_hold.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10