Author Topic: Route Calls by Specific Day  (Read 14126 times)

mickbobin

Route Calls by Specific Day
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:39:11 PM »
We need to route calls from a regional office to our head office on specific days by routing the call through the standard PSTN network.

Just the primary number needs to be routed leaving calls going through to specific extensions alone and I can accomplish this but it is either on or off. I have not been able to link this to the Day and Time Zone Assignment under Automatic Route Assignment.

All the routes are setup under Call Handling/Call Routing and as I said they work fine but not according to the days I have setup. We need calls routed only on Mon, Wed and Fri

Any assistance greatly apprciated.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Route Calls by Specific Day
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »
How do you handle calls Sunday, Tuedays, Thursdays and Saturdays?
Are calls answered locally or are they routed somewhere else?
If they are answered locally, then you will have to do some type of manual entry to make it work.  Not a big deal but someones fingers have to do the walking unless you are using a non-embedded VM.

Ralph

mickbobin

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
Giday Ralph, yup onTuesdays and Thursdays the calls are answered locally at that location. Saturdays and Sundays ... hmmm haven't really worked on that .... I'll probably route them back to head office to make use of the message bank there for follow up but that is the least of my problems.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
Howdy,
In your case, ARS time of day routing won't work for you. 
You'll have to have someone either put the system in Day,N1 or N2 and then route via call rerouting or via the Trunk Service assignment form.
My pref is the Trunk Service assignment form.
  (1) set up a system speed dial to go to the remote location.  Be sure to say "yes" to over ride toll control.
  (2) in the trunk service form, program the trunks to go to: 
         Day mode:  Your local extension
         Night 1:      The system speed dial for the remote site
         Night 2:      The system speed dial for the remote site
Now, when you want to answer the calls locally, put the sytem into day mode.

Note, it is possible to program the system to automatically go into day/n1/n2 but is beyond trying to explain it here.
Ralph

mickbobin

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »
Ok ... I must admit I have tried all sorts of things to get this working. I would however like to automate this if possible. Is it possible you could contact me via e-mail ?
Just take the 1 out of the start of the domain name.
mick.bobin@1landpartners.com.au

If you can point me to some relevant documents that would be excellent.

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
As Ralph mentioned, ARS won't do it - that is for outbound calling!

If you don't mind a few more rings you could use you call rerouting 1st, or 2nd alternatives to send the calls to a speeddial / hotline #, which you would have programmed to go to the other city / head office#.  You can separate these by day . n1/ n2 , so as Ralph mentioned, someone would have to put it in night service.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:43:30 AM »
It's a bit much to try to explain how to use an automatic night service in this forum.
Then do a search for "Programmed Service (PROG S)".   Without the quotes of course.  It will return one item.  It is the maintenance command you will need to use.
The help file is pretty good for this.

Set it up and test/use it manually first then use the maint command to change service.
Remember, there is no holiday schedule for this so if you're not careful your system will go into day mode and there will be no one there to answer the call.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:33:08 PM by ralph »

mickbobin

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 07:06:55 PM »
Thanks for all the pointers .. I'll see if I can work it out through the suggested programmed service.
Cheers

mickbobin

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:05:36 AM »
Ok I can understand the progarmming side of this but I do not see an option to be able to change by a specific day. It only appears to be set to a particular time like goto night switch at a specific time every day. I can't see a method of singling out different days.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »
It only appears to be set to a particular time like goto night switch at a specific time every day. I can't see a method of singling out different days.

I logged into our system to see if I could find a way around it.  Couldn't.   The system can't automaticaly change based on day of week.  Bummer.  You'll have to have a user manually put the system into day mode when using, and night mode when leaving for day.  I don't see a way around it.

Ralph

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 10:18:46 PM »
I went through this on a similar install and yeah - no can do - best I could find.  It is an odd limitation....

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 09:38:32 AM »
A long time ago, in my Mitel 2000 days, I was working on a PC program that would schedule a modem to dial feature codes just for something like this.   It would constantly check time of day and if you had a scheduled event for that time it would make the modem dial what ever was in the dial stream for that event.   So you could have the modem dial the feature access code for day mode at 8:00am and night mode at 5:00pm on any given day.
Unfortunantly, due to some internal BS, I had to abandon the project and all the source code is long gone.

If you have OpsManager, it will do this so I am assuming you do not have OpsManager.

Otherwise, perhaps you could do some digging on the internet and find a script that will use a PC to do something via a modem.
The 3300 just isn't going to do it natively.   Looks like we need a DCR with Mitel.

Ralph

mickbobin

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »
Thanks for the investigation guys. I will go down the manually setting to night switch route I think. Just that in this location we do not have a receptionist every day of the week and although we want calls to individual extensions going through as expected, calls to the primary number need to be routed back to head office to be resolved from there.
Yes indeed, it seems to be an oversight on Mitels behalf as there is pretty much nothing else it won't do.

Cheers

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »
I'll have to do some checking around.  It occurs to me that it could be done with a scripted telnet session.   Check around the internet and look for a telnet application that will do time of day/day of week scripting.   Then you just have to install the app on a pc that is always on.

I'll look around but my time is limited just now.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:33:32 PM by ralph »

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
Do you have IP trunks? If you do we can create a IP loopback trunkgroup and use the route plan assignment to get through this

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10