Author Topic: Call to voicemail not forwarding to configured cellphone number?  (Read 4545 times)

rharland

Hello all - new Mitel 3300 ad-hoc administrator here.
Working with users who want their cellphones called via voicemail prompt (to call this person's cellphone,etc....)
Result is this - caller gets voicemail, hears the option to go to cellphone, presses 2 per instrux. A few seconds pass and message 'that is not a valid extension' is received.

I've looked at COS options for both VM and phones and they should allow forwarding to external numbers.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call to voicemail not forwarding to configured cellphone number?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
In the COS of the VM ports, change to Account Code Length to be the length of your extension numbers:  if your exten is 5555 then account code length is 4.
Next in the cos enable Account Codes - no verified.

Next be sure that all your VM ports have a COR that allows it to dial out.

That should do it.

Ralph
www.aaviocepro.com

rharland

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
Thank you, sir.
COS changes made per your recommendation. I left 'Account Code Verified' as 'No' - is this what you meant in the COS form? It was already configured that way, but I double-checked.
Same result - no joy on the forward to cell.
The VM ports' COR is unlimited as far as maximum digits, etc. I can't see any other restrictions on the VM ports, but I'm relatively new to the game - last hard-core phone time was moves/adds/changes and COR/COS stuff on Definity G3 PBXs way back in the day....so please forgive the noobishness.
Thanks for any assistance.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:49:17 PM »
Compare the COR of any phone that can call out.  Be sure the VM ports have the same COR as the working ports.

Ralph

rharland

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
Thanks for your assistance. Between your advice and configuring our trunks correctly, we got it done.

Markjupiter

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 10:42:35 PM »
In the COS of the VM ports, change to Account Code Length to be the length of your extension numbers:  if your exten is 5555 then account code length is 4.
Next in the cos enable Account Codes - no verified.

Next be sure that all your VM ports have a COR that allows it to dial out.

That should do it.

Ralph

I had encountered similar problem like yours before rharland. When I noticed the problem, I brought my cellphone to the dealer.They told me to reconfigure the COS so that the voice mail will work properly. Ralph's recommendation is I think the most appropriate thing to do.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:36:27 AM by Markjupiter »

Offline mayerfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »
Where do I change the COS for the VMail ports? I can't find where to do that? Does it need to be done for all 20 ports individually or can I do them all at once?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10