Author Topic: Licensing a new system from scratch - UK Resellers?  (Read 3725 times)

marklamond

Licensing a new system from scratch - UK Resellers?
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »
Hi there,

I recently bought an MX controller to use as a test/demo system to play around with. I use 3300's almost every day at work, but need some advice on licensing up the box from scratch as i've never done that before.

Can anyone tell me what i will need to get this controller up and running in the most basic fashion? Obviously i will need some licences, but what else? I'm not interested in IP networking, PRI/BRI - just a few IP licenses, a few SIP and using onboard analogue which should keep me happy for a while.

Can anyone recommend a UK reseller i can contact to to obtain licensing and an application record ID from? I'm obviously not interested in entering into a maintenance contract etc.

The controller is brand new but has a SysID module and HDD with a clean install of 8.0.10.7_1.

If it is not too costly i would consider putting the system on upgrade assurance so i can keep my system in line with our live kit at work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Offline buttonsandzips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing a new system from scratch - UK Resellers?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 07:18:10 AM »
Followoing up on this one did anyone have any UK suggestions?  We have been using a reseller who cocked up everything about our install and we are now looking for a new reseller to support the system and to add more controllers/consoles etc to it as we grow...

The reseller we used was a large one with a good list of clients but was still dreadful!

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Licensing a new system from scratch - UK Resellers?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 10:32:58 PM »
  As a US reseller I'm not much help - but I do know that we occasionally get calls from people who were referred to us by Mitel.  Have you contacted Mitel to ask about what dealers there are in your area?

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10