Author Topic: Updating MiCollab Client for Windows  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Morgano

• View Profile
Updating MiCollab Client for Windows
« on: February 15, 2018, 11:24:36 AM »
Hi,

I am currently running MiCollab Client 7.2.2.9 and wondering what are my updating options. To what version can I update to client-wise?

I am having an audio routing issue that is probably fixed in later versions of the MiCollab Client for Windows.

The local Mitel admin is of no help, hence I am here.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: Updating MiCollab Client for Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 11:42:34 AM »
Hi Morgano,

The norm is that Micollab Client is updated when the Mitel Micollab Server is updated.
You will be prompted when the client is launched if a new version is available.

The latest version is 7.3.0.254 which you would get from server version V8.0.1.11

Offline Morgano

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »
Thanks Magpie!

So in theory my server is at version 7.2? How can I find out the server version?

Can I use this 7.3 client with an older server version?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 05:41:25 AM »
Where would you get the client software from?

That was a rhetorical question - the client software comes in a folder on the MiCollab server.
Build MiCollab versionX, the folder will have client versionX in it. Build a vY server, the folder will have Client vY.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 11:27:32 AM »
Thanks Magpie!

So in theory my server is at version 7.2? How can I find out the server version?

Can I use this 7.3 client with an older server version?
Can you use it? Maybe, but not all features will work as expected... You shouldn't mix and match client and server software. Use only approved version is the one that is supplied by your MiCollab server. There is no benefit to having newer client software.

Offline Morgano

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »
The macOS client which is freely downloadable from the Apple App Store claims to work with server version 7.1 and later. The Windows client is probably the same and using the latest version is always a best practice where you have issues with some old version. Now my question is where to get the latest Windows client so I can test it. A repo of clients per version would be awesome.

Offline IClaudius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 07:05:15 AM »
Hi, we are a 4,000 user base with mainly v605080 client running on v7.2.1 server and it happens to work fine. We plan to upgrade the clients first ahead of the server to 7.3 using MS config Mgr, then the server over a weekend so Monday morning the versions match. The standard Mitel upgrade process of server first then 4,000 users get a message to d/l a new client on a Monday morning is 1) crazy 2) doesn't work for us as we don't give our users rights to install. We test the mis-matched environment beforehand of course.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 07:41:54 AM »
The macOS client which is freely downloadable from the Apple App Store claims to work with server version 7.1 and later. The Windows client is probably the same and using the latest version is always a best practice where you have issues with some old version. Now my question is where to get the latest Windows client so I can test it. A repo of clients per version would be awesome.

The MAC client is a totally different client in look/feel/use etc. The next gen PC client (same as MAC) is available as of MiCollab 8. The general theory is you can use an older client with a newer server but not the other way around.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 10:21:01 AM »
Have any of y'all happened to get the free Lync plugin packaged for deployment?? And how? We use SCCM and have not been able to get a good working package of that plugin.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »
Hi, we are a 4,000 user base with mainly v605080 client running on v7.2.1 server and it happens to work fine. We plan to upgrade the clients first ahead of the server to 7.3 using MS config Mgr, then the server over a weekend so Monday morning the versions match. The standard Mitel upgrade process of server first then 4,000 users get a message to d/l a new client on a Monday morning is 1) crazy 2) doesn't work for us as we don't give our users rights to install. We test the mis-matched environment beforehand of course.

Yeah, it's a puzzle - what organisation allows their users to click on links to install applications?
You have to disable that email it wants to send out - your users can't be seeing that, it just looks unprofessional.

I think the idea is to do it the other way around:
1/ upgrade server
2/ obtain the new client from the upgraded server and package it
3/ deploy it to your test users
4/ put it into prod

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »
Have any of y'all happened to get the free Lync plugin packaged for deployment?? And how? We use SCCM and have not been able to get a good working package of that plugin.

I think you should start a new thread for this question.

Offline IClaudius

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 06:07:46 AM »
yes agreed thanks VinceWhirlwind. We asked about disabling the email to users but the answer came back that it can't be done  >:(

If we go for the browser-based v8 client next hopefully it won'r be a problem as there's no client to upgrade. It just looks so different we'll need to train 4,000 users ....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10