Author Topic: Call divert query  (Read 953 times)

Offline TheWeave

• View Profile
Call divert query
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:12:37 AM »
Hi,

Firstly I am fairly new to Mitel systems so may be missing something obvious but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

We have a Mitel phone system setup with various applications that route calls to various hunt groups, the main incoming number points to an application on 2510, the digit translation for this then goes to application 2531, this doesn't have digit translation, just a timeout to hunt group 1004, this has one member of a phone extension list P0004 which in turn has two phone extensions associated. As far as I can tell neither of these extensions have any call forwards setup, just a forwarding path for voicemail however I am getting complaints that one of their managers is receiving calls via option 2 on their cell phone when they shouldn't be and I can't seem to locate why.

I did find a phantom extension (1051) that does have this persons cell phone under forward information but I can't see where this is linked.

Is there a way to determine where a phantom extension is used or is there something I'm missing that might explain why the calls are ending up at the managers cell phone?

Thanks
James

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call divert query
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:39:29 AM »
TheWeave,

Have you been able to recreate the scenario that the manager is complaining about?

I am not sure why you would need a CRA going to a CRA that just has a timeout to a HG, unless it is playing a message prior to the transfer. Regardless the system forwarding, and Dynamic Extension, of a phone in a Hunt Group isn't followed, but the manual forwarding of a phone in a Hunt Group is.

So, the one way for the call to get out to a users cell phone is for one of the members to be manually forwarded out to that cell phone.

The only other way for a call to leave the Hunt Group is via the Announcement, Overflow and Recall destinations. The Announcement and Overflow keep the caller in queue within the Hunt Group while they "conference" the caller to another source; typically a RAD or CRA. The Recall destination will transfer the caller out to another location which effectively removes the caller from the queue to be answered.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:04:36 AM »
The second CRA that times out to the hunt group is probably there to pick up the name of the CRA. If the CRA is labeled SALES then incoming calls will show as TRANSFERRED FROM SALES.

An important piece of information to know is that hunt group calls can't be forwarded off-site, either by a phantom or manually forwarded phone that's a member or the hunt group. They need to be pulled out of the hunt group by an Announcement, Overflow or Recall station, usually a CRA to times out to a phantom.

Can you duplicate the behavior? Are you really sure that calls are being forwarded as described?

Offline TheWeave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:31:31 AM »
Hi both,

Thanks for your replies and helpful information. DND ON, you are correct that the second CRA is being used to display names (in this case Payroll as the calls are payroll queries).

I think my lesson learnt here is to not take the information reported as correct!

Although the calls are going out to the persons cell phone it isn't' via the route I was told. I was advised that the callers were pressing option 2 on the CRA and getting through so I had followed that call flow however it turns out that Payroll queries are actually option 3, I hadn't check that the option was correct! Following the call flow for this leads to another CRA which has digit translations that point to two different phantom extensions (which in turn forward calls to two different cell phone numbers), now all I need to do is find out where the calls should be going then I can correct.

Thanks again for your help

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10