Author Topic: Call Connecting Lag on PRI  (Read 1335 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Call Connecting Lag on PRI
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »
Hello,

I had users report that when making LD outbound calls on this particular PRI there is a long pause before connecting. The other end must think they established a connection as that user has said hello numerous times before our end hears anything. I experienced it myself when calling our call center I wouldn’t hear any ringing after dialing the last digit. Instead was connected to our IVR about half way into the greeting. I looked at the DTSTATs for the last 24 hours and it didn’t show one slip or error. Yet, the provider CenturyLink tells me there’s nothing on their end. I have replaced the cable and restarted the box only for the issue to creep up days later. Is there anything else on my side I can look to find the root cause?

thanks,

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
Re: Call Connecting Lag on PRI
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
I would pressure your telco more  but you might look at your ARS to see how many digits it is excepting on LD calls .

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 07:45:41 AM »
You can double check your own ARS by dialing the hash (#) after the LD number.  That way you can be confident that your system is sending the digits right away and not expecting more digits.
If you still get that delay or if the delay is intermittent then call the carrier again.
Also, and I don't remember if this applies to PRIs or not, be sure that "Inhibit audio until answer supervision" is not ticked.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:51:23 AM »
What is your inter digit timer set to? (Prompted by Ralphs post) Is your ARS using any unknown length digits?

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:27:03 PM »
We had the same issue a couple of years again when we migrated from ISDN to SIP using the Mitel MBG's. As Ralph & x-man mentioned, we ended up programming the most common STD codes (I'm in the UK bearing in mind) and then configuring the ARS routes to the exact digits that needed to be dialled, this fixed our problem.

International calling is still a problem, but we blame the telco for that ;)

Cheers

Steve

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »
Inter digit is set to 10

regarding ARS all my digits dialed for LD start off the same for ex.  916 with 9 to follow then under Digit modification it removes one digit sending the carrier 11 digits if I'm interpreting that correctly.

Had the provider run intrusive testing and they didn't find anything. I have not had anyone complain in a few days so we shall see.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 01:20:07 PM »
Ime the pause if it happens again and see if it around 10 seconds from the end of dialling....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10