Author Topic: Voicemail transfer key to external number  (Read 1131 times)

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail transfer key to external number
« on: February 09, 2018, 03:54:57 PM »
In our voicemail for a couple of the phones we would like to enable the feature to transfer the call once in voicemail to the cell phone. I have been having some difficulty with getting it to work though. I have tried the default C/ 2 key for cell phone within the voicemail, but have not had luck except opening up to toll fraud problems.

Is there a way to do this without that as a side effect? Can the personal speed calls be used instead? I tried setting this up but was not having luck with this either.

Thanks!

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail transfer key to external number
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 03:51:02 AM »
You should use the call re-route form for that. Instead of sending it to voicemail, send it to their mobile.
Even better, just use their MDUG.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 09:48:35 AM »
VinceWhirlwind... I think what the user is getting at is using the "To reach this person's cell phone, press C the 2 key" in the embedded voicemail, many users like this rather than twinning so they don't get every call to their cell phone.

This can get a little complicated, but if you look in the online help in the embedded voicemail section, it spells out the basics pretty clearly. You will need to change the COR of the VM ports so they can dial out, meaning your ARS and toll control setup must be pretty solid. We setup a COR that only allows local 7 numbers and 1701, 1605, 1406, and 1218 (the neighboring area codes to our area) and allow the VM ports to only call those numbers and it handles 99% of situations.

It can be done with system speed dials, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the user being able to edit those settings. It cannot be done with user speed dials (the voicemail ports are what is actually dialing the numbers).

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »
VinceWhirlwind... I think what the user is getting at is using the "To reach this person's cell phone, press C the 2 key" in the embedded voicemail, many users like this rather than twinning so they don't get every call to their cell phone.

This can get a little complicated, but if you look in the online help in the embedded voicemail section, it spells out the basics pretty clearly. You will need to change the COR of the VM ports so they can dial out, meaning your ARS and toll control setup must be pretty solid. We setup a COR that only allows local 7 numbers and 1701, 1605, 1406, and 1218 (the neighboring area codes to our area) and allow the VM ports to only call those numbers and it handles 99% of situations.

It can be done with system speed dials, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the user being able to edit those settings. It cannot be done with user speed dials (the voicemail ports are what is actually dialing the numbers).

Yeah, that is what I am looking to do. It would work either way, setting it up using the C/2 key or using a system speed call, as it is only a feature we want a select few individuals to know about or have.

I have the Personal Contacts help page pulled up, and I believe this is the process I did before when I last tried enabling it for the cell phone/2 key, however within a short time we started getting toll fraud problems.

How do you set up a COR to only allow local connections? I think I am blind as I only see right now the COS form and just COR group assignment...
What else, if anything, can I do to help prevent toll fraud problems? Do the same COS options need to be enabled for a system speed call?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:38:25 PM »

Yeah, that is what I am looking to do. It would work either way, setting it up using the C/2 key or using a system speed call, as it is only a feature we want a select few individuals to know about or have.

I have the Personal Contacts help page pulled up, and I believe this is the process I did before when I last tried enabling it for the cell phone/2 key, however within a short time we started getting toll fraud problems.

How do you set up a COR to only allow local connections? I think I am blind as I only see right now the COS form and just COR group assignment...
What else, if anything, can I do to help prevent toll fraud problems? Do the same COS options need to be enabled for a system speed call?
It isn't just a matter of changing the COR number assignment on the VM ports usually... You need to make special entries in ARS for dialed digits, routes, digit modification, COR groups, route lists, etc. before you can assign the ports, and this would vary based on your location, dialing patterns, and user cell numbers. It would also be a good idea to review your security on the VM in general, making sure TUI admin is disabled, users are required to have more secure passwords (6 digit minimum) and review personal contact and operator assignments periodically (exporting the mailbox form and reviewing monthly to quarterly).

Generally with something like this, I would suggest engaging your vendor... Messing with ARS can get very confusing for people unfamiliar with it.

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »

It isn't just a matter of changing the COR number assignment on the VM ports usually... You need to make special entries in ARS for dialed digits, routes, digit modification, COR groups, route lists, etc. before you can assign the ports, and this would vary based on your location, dialing patterns, and user cell numbers. It would also be a good idea to review your security on the VM in general, making sure TUI admin is disabled, users are required to have more secure passwords (6 digit minimum) and review personal contact and operator assignments periodically (exporting the mailbox form and reviewing monthly to quarterly).

Generally with something like this, I would suggest engaging your vendor... Messing with ARS can get very confusing for people unfamiliar with it.

Gocha, yeah I will wait on that avenue then, I only have surface level knowledge on this.

Are the same COS assignments required for the system speed call then as programing the number directly to the key, or because it is a system speed call is the call handled by something other than the VM ports at that point?

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 01:58:39 PM »
Am I also correct in presuming that to transfer to an external number on the multi-level auto attendant (such as an emergency phone), the same settings must be configured?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »
Am I also correct in presuming that to transfer to an external number on the multi-level auto attendant (such as an emergency phone), the same settings must be configured?
Yes, if you are going to enter the number directly in the menu. Optionally you can use System Speed Call with Toll Over-ride enabled on the entry.

Remember the VM ports are nothing but phones to the Mitel, all COS and COR restrictions apply... Also, trunk to trunk COR restrictions may apply as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10