Author Topic: NuPoint Call Flow: Blind Xfer won't end up in voicemail  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Firefly13

• View Profile
NuPoint Call Flow: Blind Xfer won't end up in voicemail
« on: March 14, 2018, 10:56:13 PM »
I'm having trouble getting around this one: I have a weekly schedule for an extension(41200). 'On Hours' the call goes right to voicemail like it should, this works great. 'Off hours' I have a blind transfer to the ext. (41200). When a call comes in thru the AA and the caller presses 41200, it rings 20 sec (call fwd no ans timer), then they hear 'please wait while I transfer your call', and it rings again for 20 sec, again 'please wait....' on and on. the caller never gets to the voicemail. Call rerouting is set up in the ICP for VM. What am I missing here?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Call Flow: Blind Xfer won't end up in voicemail
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 08:45:46 AM »
If this is a Call Director there is an option to send the call to a mailbox instead of the extension. That's what I usually do for the off hours scenarios.

Offline Firefly13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 08:52:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply ZuluAlpha, my scenario is a public school where the on hours (while they are teaching a class) is goes right to voicemail. this works good. The off hours is when they don't have a class, so I want the phone to ring first, then go to voicemail. The phone rings, but never makes it to voicemail. it appears to reroute onto itself endlessly.

Offline Firefly13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 08:54:38 AM »
Sorry, Yes this is Call Director

Offline Firefly13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 05:01:46 PM »
All set: thought I'd share this for anyone who runs into the same issue.
At the beginning of the call flow, insert an Override. In the results for Override section, result: from call flow, I entered the 'weekly schedule'. result: disabled, I entered 'voicemail'. Works great now. The call went thru the call flow the first time via the AA call flow, was transferred to the extension (which rang 5 times, then call forward no answered back to the mailbox call flow, but this time it didn't come from the AA call flow, so the Override disabled sent it to Voicemail.   

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 08:54:31 AM »
Good stuff, glad you got it.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »
That's good info - I'm going to try this - I didn't know what that "override" was for, I've been using up 2 mailboxes to get this kind of functionality.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10