Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Call Accounting Help  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Jeremy.45

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Call Accounting Help
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »
Hey guys,
Potential client is wanting to go with a 250. However, I have little experience with call accounting. As in - none at all. I know there are different call accounting softwares out there that are compatible with the 250 but he is wanting something specific and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with a software that would be capable of doing what he wants.
He needs to be able to enter an account number after he has initiated or accepted a call. So, for instance: He receives a call from a client, once the call has been initiated, he enters that client's account number on the phone itself.* (For example the client's account number is 1234). A month or a year goes by and that case is now closed, he goes on the computer, pulls the call logs from account number 1234 and is able to bill accordingly.

*Entering the account number directly on the phone is a must to the customer.

Can anyone help out on this? I hope I explained it well, I have no experience at all with call accounting. The customer has an in house IT vendor already for his network and he would be the one that is going to be responsible for any software install, maintenance, and usage. I am just wondering what, if anything would be compatible with a Mitel 5000 to accomplish all of this.

THANKS A LOT!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:56:18 PM by Jeremy.45 »

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Call Accounting Help
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »
We have a customer doing this with a legacy Tapit System (Trysis) which used to be attached to their NEC system.  You can also do this in Mitel Call Reporter (Mitel Office Application Suite), if you want something Mitel wills support.

Both can track by account codes. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »
Jeremy.45,

If it were me and I was unsure I would stick with an all Mitel solution instead of trying to mix and match; especially if you don't have experience with any call accounting products.

Since the customer is wanting historical reporting then you will need a separate server so the built-in reporting tools within the MiVO-250 are not going to work. I would go with the Mitel Office Application Suite as jbbts suggested.

The big thing here is setting up the MiVO-250 to allow the customer to input an account code after the call is answered. This just means you can give them a key that is programmed for the Account Code - Optional [FC: 390].

Thanks,

TE

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »
TE has answered the question for you here, you would need the 250 and Mitel MiVoice Office Application Suite.

You would need the requisite Call Reporting Licenses for the Server (Just Call logging won't do)

Tell the on site IT company you would need a server please to install the Telephone System software on to.

There's a calls by account code report you can run, filter it by the account code and the date time period you want and you are good to go.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
I am a little different on this one... There are lots of third party CCA options out there

CommView Plus or CommView Cloud
RSI Shadow CMS
WinSense 32
CommOne

Are just a few off the top of my head. The MiVO 250 is unique in that it requires a special handshake to occur to start the SMDR stream, so there are not as many options as for other systems.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10