Author Topic: SX2000 with message waiting issue  (Read 966 times)

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
SX2000 with message waiting issue
« on: January 13, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »
Working on an old sx2000 lightware 34 with an even older AVT voicemail with T1 intergration . The message waiting lamps are no longer are being illPFNHFNuminated on new message received . Any ideas or where to look . Thanks .  I hate working weekends    >:(

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: SX2000 with message waiting issue
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:18:00 AM »
There are a couple of things to try:
1) Set up an extension with the same cos.  Manually dial the MWI on and MWI off codes to see if there is a delay between when you hit the last digit and when the lamp turns on.  If there is a delay, you'll have a digit conflict that you're going to have to find.
2) I don't know the AVT so this "depends".  Check all the ports to be sure they are not out of service.

Have you tried just rebooting the AVT?

Ralph

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
Re: SX2000 with message waiting issue
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:22:20 PM »
You are right on about digit conflict the msg waiting code in the Mitel  is *29 in the AVT some how the code got to 29 . I changed it to *29 and it is lighting lamps again . The lamps are a little out  of sync but I can take care of that on Monday while they are closed except for me and the sight contact , I love working holidays . Maybe this will change their minds about getting rid of that boat anchor AVT in december I replaced the hard drive the voicemail was down . They got the ROI on it years ago . this was a good voice mail system in the 1990's .

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10