Author Topic: Can't copy User speedcall  (Read 2091 times)

Offline cparker

• View Profile
Can't copy User speedcall
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:57:46 PM »
I'm trying to configure speedcall keys on 6940 phones (MCD 3300).  I want to copy a common set of speedcall keys to call the mobile numbers of several people in the company. I have run into 2 problems:
1.  When I define a user speedcall, the Copy Keys function doesn't let me copy user speedcall keys to other extensions.
2. When I define a CDE speedcall, I can only enter 7 digits, not the full 10-digit number with the leading 9.

Any help in working around these problems?

Thanks,
CP

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Can't copy User speedcall
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »
I'm trying to configure speedcall keys on 6940 phones (MCD 3300).  I want to copy a common set of speedcall keys to call the mobile numbers of several people in the company. I have run into 2 problems:
1.  When I define a user speedcall, the Copy Keys function doesn't let me copy user speedcall keys to other extensions.
2. When I define a CDE speedcall, I can only enter 7 digits, not the full 10-digit number with the leading 9.

Any help in working around these problems?

Thanks,
CP
User Speedcall and User Speedcall - Private keys cannot be copied.

If you look in Help under Speed Call - CDE Speed Call it clearly says "NOTE: If you require a "CDE Speedcall" that is longer than seven digits in length, program the number as a User Speed Call in the System Speed Calls form. Then program the User Speed Call number against the "CDE Speedcall" key." 

You should be programming or copying User Speedcall keys anyway, those should only be done by the user at the device. Just program a system speed call (we usually use 6000-6999 or define a similar range as you wish) and program those on the CDE Speedcall keys. This has a few advantages, say 6000 is John's Cell Phone (or ctier 2  support, or your reservations number) and it's on 50 sets, now John gets a new number (or you change tier 2 support companies, or your scheduling contractor, etc). Do you want to change 50 keys or one System Speed Call entry?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:46:50 PM by acejavelin »

Offline august

• View Profile
Re: Can't copy User speedcall
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:31:17 AM »
Export Import maybe?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10