Author Topic: Edit Extensions from the main line  (Read 939 times)

Offline AFGRay

• View Profile
Edit Extensions from the main line
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:04:17 PM »
Oh where to begin..

New employee here and they use Mitel 5000. It's been fun getting to learn the programming DB software but I can't seem to find the Main line extension options. Or even if it's possible to mess with.

We have extensions from 1030 - 1099
The main call in line is actually 0091 but not even the same first 3 digits.

Upon calling the main line, it goes through an IVR menu. Press 3 for HR, and it sends me to the wrong phone/employee extension. I need to change the extensions of where it's sending people calling into the main line.

Any ideas where I may find these settings?

Thanks in advance!

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Re: Edit Extensions from the main line
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:01:29 PM »
Before we can realistically answer that question we need to know if you have full access or only partial access.
Do you have all the options on this screenshot?

Offline AFGRay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:19:11 AM »
Before we can realistically answer that question we need to know if you have full access or only partial access.
Do you have all the options on this screenshot?

Hello Magnus, Thank you for the reply, sorry I haven't responded since Friday, Yes i do seem to have all of those options.

It looks a little different on my side, maybe an older version of the software? it was already installed on my PC.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »
To make learning this a bit easier I recommend click on view and select Classic View. Then all the icons will match their functions.

I am going to assume you are using a basic POTS LS lines.

Go into 92001 and you will see Day/Night ring destination. It will probably be a Single extension with a CRA number. Just double click the number and it will take you to that CRA. If it is a Call routing table then is will be a bit more complicated.

What you want to look at is the Digit Translation. These are the buttons that someone presses and where they go.

This system is a bit overwhelming to learn and fairly easy to make the calls go nowhere. It it advised you contact your local vendor or Mitel dealer.

Offline AFGRay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
To make learning this a bit easier I recommend click on view and select Classic View. Then all the icons will match their functions.

I am going to assume you are using a basic POTS LS lines.

Go into 92001 and you will see Day/Night ring destination. It will probably be a Single extension with a CRA number. Just double click the number and it will take you to that CRA. If it is a Call routing table then is will be a bit more complicated.

What you want to look at is the Digit Translation. These are the buttons that someone presses and where they go.

This system is a bit overwhelming to learn and fairly easy to make the calls go nowhere. It it advised you contact your local vendor or Mitel dealer.

I've changed the view, Thanks that was helpful.

It does in fact take me to a call routing table. Once i found the main line it sent me to another location, Voice Processor, devices, applications, and '2503'.
This has night and day greetings and digit translation. I was able to find the correct area which shows me the extensions it's sending the call to when pressing for example 3 for HR. and I was able to change it.

Much appreciated!

I have a meeting with our Mitel vender coming up soon but in the meantime I've been trying to teach myself on how to do some of the stuff. Thanks again :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10