Author Topic: MiVoice Office Management  (Read 934 times)

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVoice Office Management
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
My company is getting ready to deploy MiVoice Office to about 14 branch offices, largest is about 400 phones/users.

We have already deployed MiVoice Business to two offices and use MiCollab for VM, AA's, HD user/device configuration.

Our vendor has been selling us on using Mitel Phone Manager. Is there a central management package for the MiVoice Office system? With MiCollab, we are using AD integration to create new users, voicemail, etc. For the MiVoice Office it appears that I will have to login to each office's MiVoice chassis individually for moves-adds-changes, VM, and anything else.

What products are available from Mitel to do these kinds of things if you're not going to continue down the MiVoice Business path?

I am a Mitel newbie, but managed a much larger Cisco VoIP system.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MiVoice Office Management
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:24:46 AM »
There is no real centralized management for the MiVoice office... No user auto creation, AD/LDAP integration, etc

I would have to question WHY your vendor is recommending a MiVO250 solution when you have an existing MiVB solution? Unless there is a glaring problem or something you didn't mention, switching platforms when you have an established setup seems like a really bad idea. The MiVB platform is easily capable of what you are looking at.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
marcreid,

The MiCollab and the MiVoice Office Application Suite [Phone Manager] are not the same type of product. Where the MiCollab can be central point of programming that is not the case with Phone Manager. The Phone Manager is an external server that offers more features, but it doesn't allow for programming of the system.

You are correct in that you would have to log into each system to manage resources on that node. As of yet there is no central database for managing multiple nodes, and I doubt there ever will be.

I have never heard of a customer going from a MiVB to a MiVO-250 before since the number of phone typically on a 3300 exceeds the cost effectiveness of a MiVO-250 implementation. Why are you not utilizing the 2 MiVB for the remainder of your sites instead of installing 14 MiVO-250's?

Thanks,

TE

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
How is your vendor planning on support 400 phones in a 250?  That is way beyond the maximum user count of a 250.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
jbbts,

That is an easy one; 2 nodes. I have a lot more engineering concerns than just the 400 phones at one location, but that is a problem for their vendor.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10